• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

DOH!!

Started by PDSHO, March 22, 2018, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDSHO

Today I was checking my fluids and I noticed a rubber line was off on one of my turbo pipes.
I have been having inconsistent power for months, squealing noise, huffing and puffing, blow off noise, etc.
I replaced the tube and put a zip tie around it, road tested and found that power was back and consistent!
What is the part called? This has a tube to each down pipe, and is on the very top of the engine, with an electric connector on it.
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

PDSHO

You can see my zip tie in the center of the pic. I feel like a dope that I didn't notice this before.

Greg

ZSHO

The fustation should be @ Ford for not installing a couple of measly clamps,but glad you found the underlying issue.
BTW is the bolt for the charge pipe intact ?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

PDSHO

No bolt, should I find one?
What is that part called that was unhooked?
Greg

ZSHO

Quote from: PDSHO on March 22, 2018, 09:15:09 PM
No bolt, should I find one?
What is that part called that was unhooked?
Greg
Greg It should be on Diagram below. I hope this helps any.  Z  :)

Ford Part No.: -W713946-S440  Air Duct Nut Flange

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-nut-flanged_-w713946-s440.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()&Location=intercooler-air-ducts-and-hoses

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

derfdog15

Not certain on what hose that is, but based on what I can see IIRC it either is one that goes to the BOVs, or a vacuum ref from somewhere. Either way, it was a small boost leak till ya fixed it.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

StealBlueSho

Quote from: derfdog15 on March 23, 2018, 10:01:08 AM
Not certain on what hose that is, but based on what I can see IIRC it either is one that goes to the BOVs, or a vacuum ref from somewhere. Either way, it was a small boost leak till ya fixed it.

When is the new SHO sho'ing up?!

derfdog15

Quote from: stealbluesho on March 23, 2018, 11:17:29 AM
Quote from: derfdog15 on March 23, 2018, 10:01:08 AM

When is the new SHO sho'ing up?!

Probably not for a while. I picked up a 92 mustang for my next project, and just recently closed on my 1st house, so ill be working on the house/finishing the '03 mustang/starting and hopefully finishing the '92 mustang.

TBH the next vehicle will probably be an explorer, expedition, or F150 if its an eco. Diesel trucks (F250/350) are also contenders, as is the lightning and raptor (new eco and old 6.2L) as with all the stangs I probably should get a tow rig for weekend drags...cause I know im gonna start breaking stuff
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

Izzybird

Get yourself a Powerstroke Derfdog, real trucks don't have spark plugs!
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

derfdog15

Quote from: Izzybird on March 23, 2018, 01:21:07 PM
Get yourself a Powerstroke Derfdog, real trucks don't have spark plugs!

It's debatable, I'd love a diesel but I know I'd turn it up past the point of being sensible for a tow rig. Granted the same is probably true if I went lightning/6.2L raptor. Not sure how far I'd go on a 3.5L raptor, but I know if I did an F150/Expedition id end up doing light mods but keeping it safe, plus my dad wants a Bronco when they come to market, so I may inherhit his 2011 eco F150.

TBH it'll come down to what I get the best deal on. I wont be doing more than towing one car and a few tools at a time so I don't need anything crazy.

Izzybird

The 6.7 is handling power pretty respectfully and towing to boot. Granted you can install windows to any platform. I love em. Good luck with any of your choices, they're all pretty solid.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP