• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Knock Sensors stopped responding and OAR reset

Started by StealBlueSho, March 18, 2018, 09:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

The chaffing would make sense... I was doing some testing and noticed that the OAR reset and the P0020 code happened at the same time... when I moved the gear selector from D to R... the gear change made the car jump a little (I am on a hill) and that's when everything happened...

I don't have a fuse 67 in the fuse box next to the battery...

I am also getting acid build up on the positive terminal on my new battery... this is screaming like I have short happening somewhere...

SHOdded

Sometimes a pin in the wiring loom gets knocked loose.  FoMoCo was the first to mention this happening, albeit on a Gen 5.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

On the front cam cover, check the vct plug and follow the wire back. Mine had no slack and was chafing on the block.

The wiring in these cars is disgraceful....

Skydogs

Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

StealBlueSho

Reset the connector, checked things over... and called her all kinds of nasty names... so far so good....