• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Knock Sensors stopped responding and OAR reset

Started by StealBlueSho, March 18, 2018, 09:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Definitely idles much better now... time will tell if the KAM doesn't reset while driving... it's a 21 mile drive door to door from my buddies shop... almost home... so far so good...

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Curious... is the stick battery only 650CCA? That is what was in mine... I went ahead and put in the 850CCA.. I figured with the alky pump in there it wouldn't hurt to get a stronger battery.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Been hammering on it today trying to replicate the OAR/Knock issue. Seems to be gone... amazes me how sensitive these components are to voltage deltas.. Honestly, if I was monitoring my car like I do with my SCT programmer, probably wouldn't have noticed it much till I went to the track...loosing 12+ degrees of spark is however pretty noticeable...

dubcitySHO

2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on March 23, 2018, 04:58:16 PM
Been hammering on it today trying to replicate the OAR/Knock issue. Seems to be gone... amazes me how sensitive these components are to voltage deltas.. Honestly, if I was monitoring my car like I do with my SCT programmer, probably wouldn't have noticed it much till I went to the track...loosing 12+ degrees of spark is however pretty noticeable...
Do you have a log or just watching handheld?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 23, 2018, 10:43:39 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on March 23, 2018, 04:58:16 PM
Do you have a log or just watching handheld?

It was happening randomly, so I never was able to get a log... but the hand held has min/max and nothing looked out of line? It wasn't like there was a massive KR event and the car went into limp mode per se... I WAS initially worried that something let loose and the ECU could't read the timing correctly so it disabled the knock sensors and reset OAR!  HOWEVER, I noticed my LTFT's were also reset back to 1 for all loads.. so it made more sense that something was resetting the KAM.. just didn't suspect the battery until I posted on here...

Another interesting thing was that in lugging situations (I live at the base of the mountains so its EXTREMELY hilly where I live) at 50+ mph (or 6th gear)  it felt like the car was struggling a bit.. however, with the new battery that seems to have abated as well... dunno.. could be placebo but the car is running A LOT better..

Skydogs

Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

StealBlueSho

Freaking weird... happened again.. car is running better.. not sure why my OAR keeps resetting... battery obviously needed to be replaced...

at this point I believe I am chasing an electric issue..

StealBlueSho

Just threw a code... P0020... Camshaft Position (A) Actuator Circuit (Bank 2)..

Wonderful!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO