• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Steering wheel recalls 1.4 million affected

Started by bpd1151, March 14, 2018, 02:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Good find there bpd1151. Z

MARCH 14, 2018 — Ford is recalling nearly 1.4 million cars because the steering wheels could detach from the steering columns.

The 2014-2018 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ cars may have steering wheel bolts that loosen over time and fail to hold the steering wheels.

Ford says it knows of two crashes and one injury caused by the loose bolts.
Ford breaks down the recall as 1,301,986 cars in the U.S., 62,479 in Canada and about 14,172 in Mexico.

http://m.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/ford-recalls-steering-wheels-fall-off.shtml

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

derfdog15

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

mval

mike-one of the other car forums i belong to was having a good old fashion belly laugh about this. glad it didn't include us or my escape.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOdded

NASCAR-tested and NASCAR-approved
http://youtu.be/HLPt8Y3BKGc
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

14SHOCAR

LOL... I was going to post this today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/03/14/ford-recall-fusion-lincoln-mkz-steering-wheel/423395002/

Just furthers my questions about Ford / Lincoln quality with my "lemon". SMH.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

Keeping costs in line means passing on some of the QC to the end users!  C'mon everyone should be familiar with this business model :P
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!