• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

The Black Beast

Started by LowFrequencies, August 12, 2013, 07:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHODYOU

He lists them as 10" sd-2's in his original post... they look pretty beefy for sure.
Similar to my old Kove Armageddon's
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

Josephm

Quote from: SHODYOU on September 29, 2013, 08:18:30 AM
He lists them as 10" sd-2's in his original post... they look pretty beefy for sure.
Similar to my old Kove Armageddon's

Missed it, sorry
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

LowFrequencies

They're actually only 4.75" deep!  I plan on upgrading to the SA 10s soon, though.  They'll be able to take the power the T1000 is throwing at them a little better (even though the SDs aren't struggling)!

Thanks, guys!
2012 F150 XLT 4wd Ecoboost in Tuxedo Black
- Performance: LMS 93 Tune, Airraid CAI, Heartthrob Exhaust, Offroad Package (factory rear locking diff + 3.73 gears)
- Exterior: BDS 6" Suspension Lift + 2" Leveling Kit, 35x12.50r20 Open Country M/T on 20" Ballistic Jesters, 6000k HIDs in High/Low/Fogs, Recon 3rd Brake Light, LED Tails, LEDs, Switchback Turn Signals, Powdercoated Bumpers
- Interior: Hatchie Bottom Armour-Suede seat covers, White Dome LEDs
- Audio: Pioneer AVH-P4400BH Screen pushing Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 Components and 6x8s, Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP with 2x Sundown SA-10s

twnscrw13

Very nice!  I love the grill.
2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

bpd1151

Quote from: LowFrequencies on August 12, 2013, 09:21:42 PMI had a very particular look in mind, and I think it went well.

First of all I do not know how I missed this thread :doh:

Secondly it was really nice to be able to see the amount of transformations from the beginning to its current metamorphosis. Very impressive! :bow:

Lastly, I quoted your statement of "having a very particular look in mind", as that alone resonated with me.

Many people have asked me not only about my current project with the SHO, But also with prior projects, questioning how did I come up with a design or looks of each particular project?

You hit it right on the head of the nail as far as having a certain image or concept in mind....

That's where all the magic, as well as all of the madness begins.

The progress along the way, at least to me is like pieces of a puzzle. Each modification (i.e. puzzle piece) contributes towards the final results.

All that said, your truck looks sick!

Mike :beer:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

LowFrequencies

Initially, I intended on all black, but when I purchased the truck with the wheel/tire/leveling kit combo, I fell in LOVE with the Chrome Jesters.  I wanted to make them work, not only because it'd save a little bit of cash, but because the way the Tuxedo Black shines, I thought the Chrome could really go great with that metallic paint.  So with that, I decided to keep them, and keep a little chrome in certain areas on the truck.

As of right now, I have very little chrome.  F150 badges, door/tailgate handles, rims, tow hooks, and the insides of the headlights/foglights.  My new bumper is almost done being powder coated, and I'll have the front back together soon for some proper pictures.

I still have a few additions I want to do, but while work is busy, I'm focusing on saving the majority of my paychecks to invest in some land to build on and a work truck (and maybe a new Can Am ATV.. hmm ;)).  Once I get my savings up, I'll continue with the additions.

As for plans?  There's not much left I want to do (without waiting on warranty to go), but here's a list.

First off, Amp Research Running Boards.  A buddy at work owns some, and I love the safety features they have.  They're quality products, and paired with that huge drop down they offer, it'll really make getting into this beast easy (especially being the next set of tires will definitely be 37x13.50 hehe).
Next, I'll be upgrading the sound system inside.  I'm going to upgrade the doors and such first, then get my SA-10s.  For the doors, I plan on running some Rockford Fosgate Power 6x8s in the rear, and a set of Rockford Fosgate Power 5.25" Components in the front doors.  I may end up running 6.5" components front and back, but I'm still unsure.  I'll power it with a Rockford Fosgate T400-4 amp (matches my T1000-1, and I know will power my system the way I want) backed by KnuKonceptz wiring.  Both amps will be mounted behind the back seat of the truck (as the T1000-1 already is).

Then, of course, after the warranty goes... MORE POWER!!!

I'd like to thank every one of you for your comments!  I really appreciate it, and I'm glad I can share my visions with you guys! :)
- Performance: LMS 93 Tune, Airraid CAI, Heartthrob Exhaust, Offroad Package (factory rear locking diff + 3.73 gears)
- Exterior: BDS 6" Suspension Lift + 2" Leveling Kit, 35x12.50r20 Open Country M/T on 20" Ballistic Jesters, 6000k HIDs in High/Low/Fogs, Recon 3rd Brake Light, LED Tails, LEDs, Switchback Turn Signals, Powdercoated Bumpers
- Audio: Pioneer AVH-P4400BH Screen pushing Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 Components and 6x8s, Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP with 2x Sundown SA-10s

bpd1151

I used to have this debate not only with previous car projects, but hell, even with the SHO.

Chrome, when applied correctly, can be rather complimentary.

The tough thing is, is that it's such a powerful visual offering, that it can easily be overdone.

So being selective in it's application, as it relates to your overall theme, is tantamount to a great presentation.

With the SHO, I opted to retain the chrome around the windows & the rear trunk spear, so that it helps highlight the chrome tips peeking out from my custom, hand built exhaust.

Subtle, just enough, not too much. Always key!

I like your truck, keep up the great work. :bow:

"Sent while on the road, burn'n meth, screeching tires, winding out the gears, & push'n the twins"

akmedic77

Could just as easily be called "Black Beauty"! Nice looking rig! Perfect touch of black and chrome...
2013 Oxford White F150 FX4 Crew, 5.5 Short Box, 3.55, Leer Cap, 35% Tint, 20% Brow, Black Pinstripe, LED Back-up and License Plate Lights, Mud Flaps, Cold Weather Front (Behind Grill), EcoBoost & FX4 Decal Removal, Best Observed 23 MPG

SHOdded

Those Can Am ATVs are nice!  Pics/vids/clips of the audio install would be really cool too :)  Unique truck for sure!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

LowFrequencies

Thanks everyone!  I really appreciate it.  I should have my bumper back by Friday, as well, so I can finally post a picture of the truck with everything in place. :P

Quote from: SHOdded on October 12, 2013, 12:47:30 PM
Those Can Am ATVs are nice!  Pics/vids/clips of the audio install would be really cool too :)  Unique truck for sure!

Work is still booming, and I've been really pouring into my savings, but I had a good bit of spending cash for goodies this check.  Thus, the audio moves on!  I ordered all necessary adapters to run aftermarket speakers, and I ordered my RF T1 6.5" Components for the front doors and the RF T1 6x8s for the rear doors.  As I already have my Pioneer head unit, it will power them nicely until I feel up to the task of ordering and wiring up the T400-4 (running all those wires don't sound too appealing, so I'm going to wait until Louisiana weather isn't so hot all the time.  It's getting there, so I might jump on it soon hehe).

The front door speaker openings should, with the adapters, fit the 6.5", and I'm going to attempt to mount the tweeters in the factory location on the A-Pillar.  I opted to run 6x8 in the rear door so I wouldn't have to worry about mounting the tweeter elsewhere (although I could've easily mounted one behind the panel had I gone with a 5.25" component set).  I figure after I add some SecondSkin sound deadener all around, I'll have great response from the 6x8s, so it'll work out better that way.

I've had some custom fit Hatchie Bottom Armor Suede seat covers sitting in boxes for a few months, and I decided to put them on today.  I didn't get a chance to finish the passenger seat and front center console, but I have a trainee with me at work tomorrow, so I'll just put those on while he's operating.  I did snap a picture, though!

These feel sooo good.

Anyway, I should have the truck together during the weekend (bumper, fog lights, sound system upgrades) and I may have to enter for ROTM!

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted. :)

DJE624

Quote from: LowFrequencies on October 15, 2013, 10:00:19 PM

Anyway, I should have the truck together during the weekend (bumper, fog lights, sound system upgrades) and I may have to enter for ROTM!

Get that bad boy entered! ;D

LowFrequencies

Quote from: DJE624 on October 15, 2013, 10:14:06 PM
Quote from: LowFrequencies on October 15, 2013, 10:00:19 PM

Get that bad boy entered! ;D

I wanna get everything back together first! :P

DJE624

SHOdded

No coulda woulda shoulda.  ROTM entry is a done deal!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

LowFrequencies

All my new door speakers are here, and the rear are installed.  I don't have any pictures of them installed, as my buddy had to be somewhere so we were in a slight rush.  I do have pictures of the speakers though!

Silicone holds the tweeter!  Not the best way to do it, but it'll work.  I'll be fabbing a custom mount whenever I run the T400-4 later on.

Side shot of the T1 6x8.

Top shot of 6x8.

Side shot of the T1 6.5. (Excuse my messy room.  I was at work all week.)

Top shot of 6.5.

I'm waiting on the pillars to dry before I start ripping off my front door panels.  I've removed the panels before to install the tow mirrors so it takes a few minutes at max, and I should have everything playing by the end of the afternoon.

Also, those 6x8s sound amazing. :)