• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Finally Pulled the Trigger

Started by arrivalblue, February 17, 2018, 06:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivalblue

Finally decided to make the old man Lincoln faster!! Went ahead and got a Livewire Tuner from Unleashed Tuning. Also picked up a 3 bar sensor, 170 thermostat, and new plugs. May eventually pick up downpipes but as is can't wait. Car is a Black 2013 MKS EcoBoost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Congrats bud! Nice lookin MKS!   :thumb:
What type of DP are you looking to get ? Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

arrivalblue

Thank you! And probably PPE or one from livernois. For ease or install since can just take it somewhere I'm thinking catted unfortunately lol

ZSHO

Quote from: arrivalblue on February 17, 2018, 07:58:45 AM
Thank you! And probably PPE or one from livernois. For ease or install since can just take it somewhere I'm thinking catted unfortunately lol

If you're State requires emissions testing then make certain to go with the PPE Catted DP as the others are for off road use only and will not pass emission readiness state! 
If not you will need to disable the rear 02 sensors from setting off a code!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Congrats on the new ride!  Beauty.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

arrivalblue

Thank you! And I'm not although no shop will install the catless for me and Idk if I wanna crawl under the car on jack stands and do it lol. Plus I like the car quiet while cruising and then loud and surprising when wanna romp on it. Besides downpipes or meth is there anything else you guys would recommend?

SHOdded

If I were more uptospeed on the MKS, I would say lowering springs/coilovers, not sure how that fancy suspension would work with it tho.

Def get all fluids upto date.  Boring, I know.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

arrivalblue

Quote from: SHOdded on February 17, 2018, 08:44:58 AM
If I were more uptospeed on the MKS, I would say lowering springs/coilovers, not sure how that fancy suspension would work with it tho.

Def get all fluids upto date.  Boring, I know.

Truthfully I'm not either. I just found out what I had thought I adjusted in my driver control settings for how the car shifted was actually for how it rode. The suspension is adjustable from comfort, normal, to sport. I'd like to lower it and put some type of rims on it. But for now the stock ones work. I almost bought the SHO PP rims but the fact that SHO is engraved on the side stopped me.  Yea I plan to get all fluids and stuff checked and replaced before putting the tune on. Boring but reliability is a must for me.

ZSHO

arrivalblue

Yea it's around here. Also even a station with a few different blends