• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Putting STOCK saved-to-disk firmware BACK into the SCT tuner?

Started by TopherSho, February 05, 2018, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Putting STOCK saved-to-disk firmware BACK into the SCT tuner to put back into the ECU?

SCT has the option to dump itself and save the OEM tune and other files it is storing.  Does anyone know how to put a STOCK firmware that has been SAVED TO DISK back onto the tuner and thus back into the ECU?

One possibility that exists for my issue is because my SCT tuner was so far out of date,  that corruption has been introduced to the STOCK tune affecting both stock and tuned operations over time.   But if i can put the uncorrupted backup i made back onto the update tuner and back onto the car i can eliminate that as a possibility?

thus far SCT has not replied to this request for help.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

AJP turbo

I don't think they would ever advise to using old firmware and I think you are reaching for some sort of result in suspecting old or bad firmware is causing some sort of problem....YOur mind is busy right now. Best thing to do for stock is make sure the device is updated and simply return to stock

Your problem is so isolated.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

TopherSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 05, 2018, 12:31:16 PM
I don't think they would ever advise to using old firmware and I think you are reaching for some sort of result in suspecting old or bad firmware is causing some sort of problem....YOur mind is busy right now. Best thing to do for stock is make sure the device is updated and simply return to stock

Your problem is so isolated.

Not a 'old' firmware as in revert to a prior firmware.  But a old copy of the 'current' firmware.  The day i was updated on IDS i backed up the stock firmware and saved it to disk.

I am simply wondering if not updating the handheld funked up my stock firmware and or the SCT just had a issue and the stock firmware became damaged.   Each time we built a new tune, i was flashing back to stock, then rebooting/restarted the car and then flashing to the modified firmware.

dunno  ... possibility that we have carried forward a bad stock image ?

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

StealBlueSho

IF you are that concerned about the stock file being corrupt (which I doubt) then I wouldn't trust ANY saved stock file from the SCT device. Worst case scenario is you can talk to the dealer about reflashing your ECU. I am not sure if they can but it would be worth talking them about... $100 is what I paid for last my update from Ford...

You would be certain at that point that your software is good.

Are you still having the same problem now that you running the stock mappings?

TopherSho

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 05, 2018, 02:39:11 PM
IF you are that concerned about the stock file being corrupt (which I doubt) then I wouldn't trust ANY saved stock file from the SCT device. Worst case scenario is you can talk to the dealer about reflashing your ECU. I am not sure if they can but it would be worth talking them about... $100 is what I paid for last my update from Ford...

You would be certain at that point that your software is good.

Are you still having the same problem now that you running the stock mappings?

I am about to update the other thread.  Yeah when I requested the Firmware i am on now it was 119$.