• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

please help me understand what the crap is going on? (wastegates) : Resolved!!!

Started by TopherSho, January 28, 2018, 12:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Im not an IT or programming guy by any means but in order to eliminate possible causes it's standard operating procedure for tech support to make sure the customers device and tune version is using up to date software...you chose not to do that

I suppose it's possible that I had made a tune on newer soft/firm ware than your device was set up for

Add to that that I still think something was wrong with the wastegate actuator

Regardless, this is ending up good right? Im looking to see when you post logs so I can check them out
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Temp changes would not make boost change that much....Topher's was massively overboosting in the top end where boost normally tapers...ive never seem that

That's the great thing about closed loop boost control...to a point the boost will be taken care of as long as the target boost was where you want it and his was

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Another option here is to offload the SHO and get an STI... I heard those will gap an SHO all day long... ;-)

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 29, 2018, 07:46:47 PM
Temp changes would not make boost change that much....Topher's was massively overboosting in the top end where boost normally tapers...ive never seem that

That's the great thing about closed loop boost control...to a point the boost will be taken care of as long as the target boost was where you want it and his was

I was referring to the stuttering issue he is having that I also experience. Unfortunately I have tried to datalog the issue but nothing shows in the datalog..even when it happens during a logging session.  Overboosting is a different issue all together...

TopherSho

Quote from: SHOdded on January 29, 2018, 07:33:31 PM
I dont think it is a question of corruption.  I think a change in parameters and tune handling is what goes on with device updates.  They must be correcting and improving software performance with the updates, and the tune has to be in sync with the current firmware/software.  This is very common on software platforms.  I have seen this in my custom programming when the platform comes out with updates, suddenly my program starts behaving erratically, UNTIL I read the documentation and update my custom program to comply with the platform's current environment.

I might agree with this if the issue fixed itself in 2 months when it warms up.  But fixed itself IMMEDIATELY after resting the handheld.

It is just way to coincidental.   

My tin hat is on tight for this one.   After the reset every tune worked. Before even stock stuttered which prompted the parts parade.

I'm glad it works I know what fixed it but my tech nature doesn't know the root cause an it BUGS me
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

TopherSho

Quote from: stealbluesho on January 29, 2018, 07:49:09 PM
Another option here is to offload the SHO and get an STI... I heard those will gap an SHO all day long... ;-)

Really now !?  Now your just trying to take me out of my perfectly bad mood with that comedy :)   I can't count the number of suburbs that I have left behind at PIR.   (I don't race with Turns :p )
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on January 29, 2018, 08:26:45 PM

[quote/]

Really now !?  Now your just trying to take me out of my perfectly bad mode with that comedy :)   I can't count the number of suburbs that I have left behind at PIR.   (I don't race with Trina :p )

Gotta inject humor sometimes buddy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

What are you drinking?

Must be some good sheeeat!

TopherSho

StealBlueSho

TopherSho

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Its busted again,  Same behavior.  super bad stuttering under prolonged boost in 2nd and 3rd past 4000 rpm.

it was doing perfect,  multiple starts and stops,  hard driving then normal driving.  but on the way home from Coburg Pizza,  it hiccuped 1x in 2nd.  that made me suspicious so i dropped the mini-me off and went out and gave it a hard push from a stop and sure enough 2nd was a mess past 5000 rpm,  and keeping my foot in third made it start having a seizure after 4000 rpm in third.

No logs,  will try tomorrow. 

there has been no handheld hooked up since the ''fix'' of resetting the SCT. so the only thing that has changed is 'time' on the car.

if this is a bad ecu that losing cell data,  i may have  conniption fit.  i am going to pull all the tunes off the handheld,  then put the good ones back.  and re-flash the car to oem, then back to the good 15 pound tune. 

sigh

AJP turbo

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

TopherSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 31, 2018, 12:15:32 AM
What tune revision were you on when it behaved bad?

This one (attached).  It ran for about 36 hours without issue on this tune.  then tonight it regressed.  I want to data log it with both the old config log,  and the new datalog. 

TopherSho

F$%k it.. I'm going to get a partial log right now,  it's easy to reproduce at mostly legal speeds for 2nd gear.   

3rd would be better and it would be in range of the issue longer but its to dark. well do that tomorrow.