• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Just for fun idea - Ecoboost drivetrain swap into an older Ford car

Started by EcoPowerParts, August 11, 2013, 02:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I love my Flex but eventually the platform will be too heavy and it's an expensive car to keep trying to blow up.
I was thinking I could buy a complete Ecoboost drivetrain and wiring harness and transplant it into an older vehicle that I could have a tube chassis built for and put all the wiring/engine sensors/awd into.
This would be a great platform to learn about the capacities of the engine/awd scenario without hauling around a ton of weight.
Throw up some pictures/suggestions of what you think would be an awesome roller to purchase.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FracaSHO

Fox Body. Light weight and you could get one cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

EcoPowerParts

In 10 minutes research I can find roller fox bodies for under $1K easily so that will be the platform as it's CHEAP.
Next step, ideally I find an entire ecoboost vehicle for CHEAP, under $4K if possible. Something I can go pick up with a trailer and bring back to the house.
I'll have to wait until I finish up some things on the Flex.
Should be awesome next year!
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

Needmoreboost

Quote from: DJE624 on August 11, 2013, 02:22:05 PM

Yeah Man!  Love those 68-69 Cobra Torino's.  Especially the Talledega versions.  Now that is Nascar history.  Had a chance to buy a 1970 Torino Cobra clone with a 514ci stroker.  That was a big regretter...
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

SHOdded

Maybe a limo version of the Quadricycle? 

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jomc111

2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

bpd1151

alotaboost

I would go with the fox too.  I'm actually in the process of swapping a 4g63 eclipse motor into one lol
Stock..... For now

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FaSSt9602

I think AWD will be out of the question with any transplant.  WAY too much engineering to get it to work.  A Fox can be made to easily plant the power...
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: FaSSt9602 on August 12, 2013, 01:20:54 PM
I think AWD will be out of the question with any transplant.  WAY too much engineering to get it to work.  A Fox can be made to easily plant the power...
I'm going to take the whole drivetrain over, just need to shorten the driveshaft to accommodate and make sure the width is good. Shouldn't be too hard.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

shoman04

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 11, 2013, 02:28:52 PM
In 10 minutes research I can find roller fox bodies for under $1K easily so that will be the platform as it's CHEAP.
Next step, ideally I find an entire ecoboost vehicle for CHEAP, under $4K if possible. Something I can go pick up with a trailer and bring back to the house.
I'll have to wait until I finish up some things on the Flex.
Should be awesome next year!
Ha 4DR I told you this was my ideal more than a year ago. IT WAS JUST BETWEEN ME AND YOU!!!!!!!! ARRRRRR MAN:(  THE SUPER-SHO a 2000 Taurus is only 3300lb and if you tube it out it should be lighter.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

EcoPowerParts

Hmm, cheap but would the engine fit under the hood?
I'll think about it.
www.ecopowerparts.com -