• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Two separate car shows, Chicago 'burbs, 08/10 & 08/11/13

Started by bpd1151, August 09, 2013, 04:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Well my tentative plans for this weekend, some with family, some with coworkers fell through. Each for differing reasons.

Anyhow, as a result of these developments, it has freed up some time for me to consider attending two different shows.

Both event are being sponsored by local car show promoter Double K Productions.

www.doublekproductions.com

The show on Saturday, August 10th, 2013 is being held at:

Friendly Ford
333 E. Irving Park Rd.
Roselle, IL.

Registration begins at 9am, but I would suggest getting there well ahead of that time. This particular show is free to entrants, and being partially sponsored by the dealership, Friendly Ford. The show welcomes all makes/models/years, but the focus is primarly Ford Mfg'd Vehicles.

The 2nd show, is on Sunday August 11th, 2013 and is being held at:

Hooter's Restaurant (Joliet)
3301 Hennepin Drive
Joliet, IL.

This location is on the outskirts of the Louis-Joliet Shopping Mall. I have personally attended this show in the past, and attendance is unreal! It ALWAYS sells out.

Registration again begins at 9am, but like with the 1st show, I would plan on arriving a LOT earlier if you plan on showing and/or entering.

This show requires a $20 participation fee.

Maybe I'll see some of you out and about. I just woke up now, and am going to scramble to try and get my SHO in as clean of condition as possible given the short time frame I have available to do so.

Mike :beer:

DJE624

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mjhpadi

I'm thinking these shows will require you to be taking A LOT of photos!!! ;) I believe you do get my drift?
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

bpd1151

I can try to fulfill that request. But honestly I'm beginning to get tired of taking pictures at car shows.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

mjhpadi

Understand!  I know that feeling... if you feel like getting some shots-cool.... if not... I'm down with that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

Lanson

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

bpd1151

Yeah Lanson, I got it......

Thing is, these are local shows. Most of the models are really only into doing the bigger, National based shows, as it draws them a much higher amount of attention.

The local shows are pretty much for the die hard car show junkies.

But alas, if there's any eye candy there worth capturing, I packed my Nikon D90, so I'll be sure to take care of it for y'all.

Anyhow, just literally got done detailing the car from top to bottom, front to back, inside and out in what amounts to nothing less than record time.

But I'm beat, and have to be up fairly early to leave out, and secure a decent spot at the show as far as vehicle placement goes.

So good night fellow EBPF family.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mjhpadi

Good luck today and tomorrow Mike, hope you enjoy yourself and have a great time!

bpd1151