• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First tune

Started by Sbouvia, December 03, 2017, 07:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sbouvia

So the SHO is the first car I have owned that I actually wanted to get a tune for. I chose AJPTurbo for all the great reviews on the site and I currently could not be happier. While running through the actual tune process was a little bit odd as my "your going to hit someone" LEDs flashed the whole time and the wipers ran the whole time, otherwise it wa a simple process. So far on my very minor spirited drive yesterday the thing pulls hard, real hard. It is a stock car 93 octane 3bar tune. I cannot wait to actually do the two data log pulls that brad wants to see if we can push it a little further. If your looking for a great tune and ease of logging I would recommend going with the SCT X4 and AJPTurbo. Oh and his business cards look epic as well.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

AJP turbo

Thank you sbouvia that is great to hear and I'm not sure why the sct tune flash reacts that way...my sho had the blower run but not the wiper

Do the pulls at your convenience I won't forget you...and yeah hopefully the knock sensors will like your fuel and allow us to turn it up a bit more
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

sholxgt

AJP is the best!

SCT much less so.  Don't call them and report any of the problems with their tuner.  They will deny them all and tell you that you are wrong.  Never had a worse phone call with an aftermarket company.

That being said, Brad swears by them and he's the best!
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Brucelinc

Quote from: sholxgt on December 03, 2017, 08:23:44 PM
AJP is the best!

SCT much less so.  Don't call them and report any of the problems with their tuner.  They will deny them all and tell you that you are wrong.  Never had a worse phone call with an aftermarket company.

Maybe it depends on who you talk to at SCT.   I have had to call and speak with their technical support people a couple of times and found them to be excellent. 

derfdog15

Quote from: Brucelinc on December 04, 2017, 09:32:21 AM
AJP is the best!

Maybe it depends on who you talk to at SCT.   I have had to call and speak with their technical support people a couple of times and found them to be excellent. 

I never had to call them about anything SHO related, but made some calls with my mustang (had some shifting issues and needed some info from them) and they were super helpful plus sent me some free swag. I think it really does depend who you talk to.

To OP. When I had my SHO, the dash would illimuniate a few lights, the BLIS lights went solid, and my blower motor would turn on during a flash. This process/what lights lit seemed to change depending if you started from full key off or from accessory mode.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

Leadfoot

OP - you have rain sensing wipers activated. just turn off the wipers before doing a tune.
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

Sbouvia

Ahh thank you leadfoot, I will do that if I reflash or do an updated tune. Yea blower motor was on the whole time, radio came on blaring, sync said update in progress, collision warning light just blinked. It's just a scary prospect the first time as I have heard of essentially bricking the car.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

ZSHO

I always make certain to turn off the wipers, headlights, climate control, and radio before a reflash but found the blower motor to be commanded to always turn on no matter the settings!  enjoy the new tune my friend.  Z   ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

92BlackGT

it's weird how every car is different. My wipers only come on when returning to stock, all other times they don't move. Nothing else happens during the flash. My Sync will do the update after the flash and once I start the car. I have to redo all dash and radio setting but my ambient lighting has never changed on me since I set it 3 years ago.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

Skydogs

Quote from: Brucelinc on December 04, 2017, 09:32:21 AM
AJP is the best!

Yes I called a few times they where awesome!
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

klrsmith

+1 on AJPTurbo (Brad) being the best. 

Just finished up the 93/3 bar tune on my 14 PI.  The difference from stock is staggering and Brad was awesome to work with!
2014 Ecoboost PI - AJPturbo 3 Bar/93 tune - AEM dry panel - Reische 170 thermo - SP542 plugs - EPP Hotpipes - Power Stop Z37 Top Cop pads and slotted rotors

AJP turbo

Quote from: klrsmith on February 18, 2018, 06:49:48 PM
+1 on AJPTurbo (Brad) being the best. 

Just finished up the 93/3 bar tune on my 14 PI.  The difference from stock is staggering and Brad was awesome to work with!

Thanks...don't be a stranger and post some pics of the pi.
I just realized this was your first post ...couldn't remember how I recognized your forum name but you hadn't posted ..you pm'd me but never had a forum post!

Do you drag race? Maybe one day you can run it down the track and see how it does...do you know the weight of your out of service Pi?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Can't go wrong with Brad! 12.2 all day long here in 80F+ heat... oh and dropping boost during the runs... I expect high 11's this season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 18, 2018, 07:22:38 PMCan't go wrong with Brad!

I expect high 11's this season...

Hmmmm....... 11's is quite the elusive club.

Not many on that list.

IIRC only 6, or 7 total since the 2010 model year was introduced.

I wish you and Brad good luck with that goal.

StealBlueSho

Can't go wrong with Brad! 12.2 all day long here in 80F+ heat... oh and dropping boost during the runs... I expect high 11's this season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk