• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on August 23, 2018, 05:32:34 PMNOTE: The cam lobe for the fuel injection pump must be at Bottom Dead Center (BDC) for the fuel injection pump installation.

StealBlue can do this with his eyes closed :D

BJ (SBS) is VERY GOOD with his "BDC" skillz.

Lulz

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 23, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Quote from: SHOdded on August 23, 2018, 05:32:34 PMNOTE: The cam lobe for the fuel injection pump must be at Bottom Dead Center (BDC) for the fuel injection pump installation.

StealBlue can do this with his eyes closed :D

BJ (SBS) is VERY GOOD with his "BDC" skillz.

Lulz

Ohhhhh so many things fit that acronym... and all of them would get censored....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Hahaha. But also VERY TRUE.

Love 'ya buddy. No homo.

BoostfoSHO

Got it installed. Now I just need to empty my current tank and figure out what's the highest E blend I can run... But I probably won't mess with all of that till I get the turbos installed. My stockers are gone can barely hold any boost in the top end.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 01, 2018, 11:00:33 AM
Appearance cover fits over it tho?
I don't know I haven't used the cover in a long time. I'll see about trying it on when I get a chance

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

BoostfoSHO

So as I'm impatiently waiting for my ATPs going on 5 weeks now.

I installed my aFe throttle body spacer and I like it I feel like it really makes a difference for a cheap quick mod

I ordered some Verde axis v99 wheels 20x9 wrapped in some nitto n555g2 275/40R20 and some BC coilovers to go with it all. Hopefully there's no issues with fitment. From what I've read around there shouldn't be.

Ordered some hub centric rings which I believe are the correct size idk if they'll be needed but got them just in case.

Any opinions or thoughts?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

On another note, I installed my hpfp but no one had been able to tune it, something about SCT doesn't have the software. So that really sucks. I don't if I'm the only one experiencing this issue as I haven't heard anyone else mention this before

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

:o. Thats sucky 4 sure.  What software is needed exactly?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on September 11, 2018, 01:18:32 PM
On another note, I installed my hpfp but no one had been able to tune it, something about SCT doesn't have the software. So that really sucks. I don't if I'm the only one experiencing this issue as I haven't heard anyone else mention this before

I think you misunderstood my email. The software is perfectly fine with SCT. Waiting for values to use. Waiting on information from manufacturer of pump.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on September 11, 2018, 04:40:14 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on September 11, 2018, 01:18:32 PM

I think you misunderstood my email. The software is perfectly fine with SCT. Waiting for values to use. Waiting on information from manufacturer of pump.
I'm sorry I didn't mean software I meant parameters for reading it. But it's not just you I have gotten the same response from 2 other tuners.... What I'd like to know is am I the first one to encounter this? Supposedly at the point all that can be tuned is current but can't adjust it for higher pressure. So why are people buying the hpfp if it can't be ran at a higher pressure like it's supposed to do.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

StealBlueSho

Gearhead, Unleashed, and BCB are already tuning that pump with SCT.....

Matt has customers running at 2600 psi iirc... he has figured out how to get the pump to work properly...

The issue according to him is that none of the other tuners have figured out to increase the psi of the pump.

I'm running the LMS HPFP with perfect fuel pressure on an E30 tune.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 11, 2018, 04:54:21 PM

Matt has customers running at 2600 psi iirc... he has figured out how to get the pump to work properly...

The issue according to him is that none of the other tuners have figured out to increase the psi of the pump.

So far with unleashed, gearhead I just get a max of around 2300psi with Brad I don't get any high pressure it's only the in-tank pump that activates and I get 90psi max and the cat doesn't go above 3k rpm, Matt and Brad told me they don't have what's needed to tune it. Matt said he can only tune voltage but that im not taking advantage of it to make it run at the higher pressure that's capable of. So it's basically like a stock hpfp.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

AJP turbo

Once you have the tune parameters you can run 5000 psi if you want...2300 or 2600 is just a request away...

Just a matter of having the parameters from the mfg.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on September 11, 2018, 05:08:15 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 11, 2018, 04:54:21 PM

So far with unleashed, gearhead I just get a max of around 2300psi with Brad I don't get any high pressure it's only the in-tank pump that activates and I get 90psi max and the cat doesn't go above 3k rpm, Matt and Brad told me they don't have what's needed to tune it. Matt said he can only tune voltage but that im not taking advantage of it to make it run at the higher pressure that's capable of. So it's basically like a stock hpfp.

That makes no sense... Or Matt was lying to me which I doubt.... so you are holding 2300psi... are you getting an fuel pressure dips? It's flowing 35% more fuel as well...

I'm figuring it's like a turbo right? 2300psi but 35% more fuel gives you a lot more to work with...

15psi on a small turbo is not the same as 15psi on a big turbo...  Volume comes into play...