• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

How many miles on your SHO.  If the numbers are getting up there, you could possibly justify dropping some for the DW injectors as a way to get new parts in there.  But full usability probably will come with a built block or all out E85 setup.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 21, 2018, 10:27:50 AM
How many miles on your SHO.  If the numbers are getting up there, you could possibly justify dropping some for the DW injectors as a way to get new parts in there.  But full usability probably will come with a built block or all out E85 setup.
I've only got 42k miles... Built motor is not to far down the line maybe sometime next year... I didn't go with the xdi60 because I was told the cam can't handle full E85... So I didn't go that route maybe I should have done some more researching?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

SHOdded

With a properly upgraded fuel system, I believe you can run E85, if I am remembering EcoPowerParts' Flex buildout correctly.  Longevity is a completely untested factor though at least on the transverse platform AFAIK.  The big brouhaha with E85 has been variable quality at the pump, and actual pumping limitations of the stock fuel system. 

Because EPP had a custom port/direct injection setup, a custom ECU was required.  Would be sticking with DI here, so I dont see the need for a custom ECU unless there are limiting tables in play. 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 21, 2018, 11:54:38 AM
With a properly upgraded fuel system, I believe you can run E85, if I am remembering EcoPowerParts' Flex buildout correctly.  Longevity is a completely untested factor though at least on the transverse platform AFAIK.  The big brouhaha with E85 has been variable quality at the pump, and actual pumping limitations of the stock fuel system. 

Because EPP had a custom port/direct injection setup, a custom ECU was required.  Would be sticking with DI here, so I dont see the need for a custom ECU unless there are limiting tables in play.
Maybe it's something to look at I know he's got an upgraded fuel system for sale in his website I'll look into it later. For now the Turbos and hpfp will do till I get the built motor.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

SHOdded

Mainly you would need, and again, I might be misquoting/not an expert, an upgraded intank fuel pump basically an auxiliary fuel pump, and the fuel lines rated for full flow e85.  Then the rest of your plans should fall into place.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 21, 2018, 12:00:00 PM
Mainly you would need, and again, I might be misquoting/not an expert, an upgraded intank fuel pump basically an auxiliary fuel pump, and the fuel lines rated for full flow e85.  Then the rest of your plans should fall into place.
Yes I've read about an intank boost a pump. Just haven't had much time to look into finding one.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

That is why the work was done FOR you with EPP solution.  I think you can purchase the pieces separately, the entire system does not need to be.  https://www.ecopowerparts.com

BoostfoSHO

So this arrived today.

After watching the installation video and reading the instructions I didn't see anywhere where it explains how to bring the cam lobe to BDC. Any help would be appreciated. How can I tell the piston is at the lowest point ?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

NOTE: The cam lobe for the fuel injection pump must be at Bottom Dead Center (BDC) for the fuel injection pump installation.

Remove the fuel injection pump roller tappet.
- Inspect the fuel injection pump roller tappet, refer to Fuel Injection Pump Roller Tappet Inspection in this section.
Remove the fuel injection pump mounting plate.
Remove the RH front wheel and tire, refer to Section 204-04 .
Position aside the RH fender splash shield, refer to Section 501-02 .
Using the crankshaft pulley bolt, turn the crankshaft until the fuel injection pump cam lobe is at BDC

StealBlue can do this with his eyes closed :D

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 23, 2018, 05:32:34 PM
NOTE: The cam lobe for the fuel injection pump must be at Bottom Dead Center (BDC) for the fuel injection pump installation.

- Inspect the fuel injection pump roller tappet, refer to Fuel Injection Pump Roller Tappet Inspection in this section.
Using the crankshaft pulley bolt, turn the crankshaft until the fuel injection pump cam lobe is at BDC

Nice thank you. Good thing I'm gonna have my coworker a Ford certified tech help me with it all. And we have the Ford computer because our company has about 100 Ford fleet trucks so we got Ford techs ftw

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

Are they certified to turn a wrench lol.  Everybody is heavily into the computer world these days.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on August 23, 2018, 05:42:20 PM

Nice thank you. Good thing I'm gonna have my coworker a Ford certified tech help me with it all. And we have the Ford computer because our company has about 100 Ford fleet trucks so we got Ford techs ftw

I have installed several DI pumps on this car... the only reason I can find they want the lobe BDC is to make it easier to install the pump....

On the bottom of the pump is a spring, when installing if the lobe doesn't have the flat side up, the pump sits higher... so it makes it difficult to tighten down. You can do it, you just need to take your time and tighten a small amount on each side of the pump to bring it down flush.

You should do that anyway when you install it... I have not yet ever set BDC and haven't had a problem yet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 23, 2018, 05:49:40 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on August 23, 2018, 05:42:20 PM

I have installed several DI pumps on this car... the only reason I can find they want the lobe BDC is to make it easier to install the pump....

On the bottom of the pump is a spring, when installing if the lobe doesn't have the flat side up, the pump sits higher... so it makes it difficult to tighten down. You can do it, you just need to take your time and tighten a small amount on each side of the pump to bring it down flush.

You should do that anyway when you install it... I have not yet ever set BDC and haven't had a problem yet....

You know that's exactly what I was thinking it's just to make it easier to install instead of having to fight the spring. Nice I'll be installing it when I do the Turbos and injectors. Thank you SBS

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 23, 2018, 05:45:45 PM
Are they certified to turn a wrench lol.  Everybody is heavily into the computer world these days.
Oh yeah he turns a wrench all day on our trucks. He is an expert on 6.7 powerstroke I have yet to find out how hell do on the Ecoboost lol but I know what I'm doing as well. I was just confused on the BDC because I didn't see a reason why when I could just install it and push the spring down

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on August 23, 2018, 05:54:02 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on August 23, 2018, 05:45:45 PM
Oh yeah he turns a wrench all day on our trucks. He is an expert on 6.7 powerstroke I have yet to find out how hell do on the Ecoboost lol but I know what I'm doing as well. I was just confused on the BDC because I didn't see a reason why when I could just install it and push the spring down

Don't "push down " the spring... the bolts are long enough to start it without pushing the pump down...