• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

warranty on the ac delco kit seems to be same as motorcraft, may be reboxed parts.

ACDELCO 18H1253 {#19310727} Professional Info
Front; w/Performance Package; Disc

ACDELCO 18H4203 Professional
FitsRear; exc. Performance Package; Disc
OrRear; w/Performance Package; Disc

Not sure I trust Dorman with safety parts, but most people say not to put them in critical applications.  IDK.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

So I haven't had any success finding the rear ACDelco kit apparently they're out of stock or not made anymore. Would you use centric or Carlson brand instead of the dorman?  I'm not familiar with any of these brands.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

SHOdded

Centric should work fine.  No idea on Carlson tho.  Check with NAPA also.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Alright thanks man I appreciate the help. I went ahead and ordered the centric and cancelled the dorman.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

SHOdded

Good luck, looking forward to updates :)

BoostfoSHO

So here's a bit of what I'm doing today.
Took apart the front calipers and sanded them down then took apart the rear but I couldn't get the Piston out I dont have the tools for it. So I'm just gonna take the front apart and sand them both down. For powder coating and the rear I'm just gonna paint with a brush kit caliper paint. The rear is hassle to take apart.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

What is causing the difficulty?   Aside from being a screwin type piston, should be the same?  2 is good, but all 4 would be perfect :)

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 01, 2018, 04:09:15 PM
What is causing the difficulty?   Aside from being a screwin type piston, should be the same?  2 is good, but all 4 would be perfect :)
I can't get it to screw off of get the back part where the hand brake attaches to come off. I tried using some pliers to get it to unscrew but I can't get 8t to move.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

So after trying and trying I finally got the rears apart so all 4 will go to powder coating.now tomorrow I'll finish the fine detailing sanding and send them off to coat.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

I also did a PTU fluid change. It was clear honey color but the plug magnet did have some build up. I also added a hose to the PTU vent hose so I could refill through there easier.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

StealBlueSho

Always good to use the drip pan for empties! LOL... good luck on the powder coating!

BoostfoSHO

So I'm looking at coilovers... And haven't found much info on spring rates. The bc coilovers website says 6k in front and 8k in the rear. Yet all the info I find online about coilovers have a high rate in the front then in the rear and most for lighter cars than the SHO are in the 10k range.

Long story short what's the norm for the SHO, I do about 90% hwy driving and a bit 1/4mile sometimes. I'm looking for comfort yet performance but that nice high end performance not a bouncy as hell ride.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

So o dropped off the calipers to get powder coated.
Also changed the oil on my daily driver to AMSOIL from Royal purple.

Now just waiting for the calipers to get the car back on the road. PTU, RDU, engine oil. Transmission and brake fluid, All in AMSOIL. Gets expensive pretty quick.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

Macgyver

I like your choice of Brake cleaner. Miller Lite. That should save some money for the Amsoil ;-)