• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:28:10 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:23:13 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on February 12, 2018, 09:22:06 PM
hey guys so ive been feeling my car running like s***.

Could you expand on this a bit?
Well feels kind of sluggish doesn't respond as well as I remember, it maybe that I've been tuned for a couple months and got used to it since I dog on it pretty hard once or twice a day. But it feels like it's missing the punch. Maybe it's just me maybe I need to just install the methanol and see where it goes from there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
If you think something is "off" I wouldn't install meth till I got to the bottom of it or got the OK from Brad.

Any possibility you've just gotten used to the power?

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:29:01 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:25:56 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:20:44 PM
5 gear multi?

Well played sir!
What does this mean ?

Ive never see a 130MPH street log with 5 gears.
I just floor the gas and go. I live in the middle of nowhere in the country so I have miles to test run. Biggest danger is maybe hitting a coyote or a jack rabbit.  I did some in sport mode and some in drive. Maybe that's why it only went to 5th.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:33:36 PM
5 gear multi?

Well played sir!
What does this mean ?

I just floor the gas and go. I live in the middle of nowhere in the country so I have miles to test run. Biggest danger is maybe hitting a coyote or a jack rabbit.  I did some in sport mode and some in drive. Maybe that's why it only went to 5th.

I'm jealous of your testing grounds...90-100 is all I get.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:33:18 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:28:10 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:23:13 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on February 12, 2018, 09:22:06 PM
hey guys so ive been feeling my car running like s***.

Could you expand on this a bit?
Well feels kind of sluggish doesn't respond as well as I remember, it maybe that I've been tuned for a couple months and got used to it since I dog on it pretty hard once or twice a day. But it feels like it's missing the punch. Maybe it's just me maybe I need to just install the methanol and see where it goes from there.

If you think something is "off" I wouldn't install meth till I got to the bottom of it or got the OK from Brad.

Any possibility you've just gotten used to the power?
Well Brad has told me there's definitely something not right as you can see my wastegate shoots way up high towards the end of gear and I lose some boost even while the wastegate is working it's hardest. I have done several leak tests and fixed them. I have replaced the boost solenoid, I have inspected both turbos several times and they seem fine. No damage to fins. No shaft play. No excessive amount of oil. I have played with the wastegates and the diaphragms feel fine. I'm out of ideas short of replacing the turbos but that's not and option at the moment.
I was also thinking maybe I just got used to the car since I used to only drive it on weekends a few miles each day and now it's my daily driver 250miles a day back and forth to work.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:35:47 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:33:36 PM
5 gear multi?

Well played sir!
What does this mean ?

I'm jealous of your testing grounds...90-100 is all I get.
Yea i could easily get to top it out but it gets pretty bouncy in the boat so I cut it short. And I'm not planning on lowering cause of my cutouts and dirt roads from the area where I live.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

FoMoCoSHO

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 13, 2018, 12:03:28 AM
Wastegate mod functioning properly?
As far as I know yes, I hear it open very little towards the end of each shift. I've got the 17.4lbs spring combo.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Hey guys so I'm installing my meth and have run into an issue I was needing some help I have an issue with mounting the nozzle. I got my pipes used and they came with a huge bung for I don't know what but it's not meth. So I bought a tap and nozzle holder from devil's own and tried it out before installing and when I use the drill and tap holder it doesn't mist properly and it drips instead of misting. Here's a few videos so y'all can see what I'm talking about.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NCNMETlDrwewz3AH2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xLEQRSEZbWjVUptt2

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

The nozzle is recessed into the holder it should be flush so the very tip shows and mist properly, how are you guys installing the nozzle on the pipes?
The pic below is the nozzle adapter I bought and it hides the nozzle so it doesn't mist or reach the air stream correctly.
AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Is this normal? I don't have a catch can btw.
I've had it on for about 4 month and this is the worst I've seen it.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

Have you pulled off the Tial and checked for oil/crud buildup in the pipe?  Possible it simply failed.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on March 26, 2018, 05:04:10 PM
Have you pulled off the Tial and checked for oil/crud buildup in the pipe?  Possible it simply failed.
I haven't taken it off I haven't had the time to wrench lately with work. I just popped the hood to add washer fluid and saw that. I still hear 8t functioning as it should but I'll take it off as soon as it get a chance in the meant time I'll garage the car.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

I'm not liking the signs of that!! Check the motor oil level to make sure she's nice n full.
Based on the first Pic the radiator hose might need some attention IMO.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on March 26, 2018, 06:00:08 PM
I'm not liking the signs of that!! Check the motor oil level to make sure she's nice n full.
I did check the engine oil and it's right where it should be it hasn't been burning oil or anything. That stain on the radiator hose is oil from the BOV dripping there. The hose it self is fine

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on March 26, 2018, 06:06:12 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 26, 2018, 06:00:08 PM
I did check the engine oil and it's right where it should be it hasn't been burning oil or anything. That stain on the radiator hose is oil from the BOV dripping there. The hose it self is fine

Where did you purchase the Tial BOV ? New ? Thanks  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|