• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derfdog15

Either MAP sensor will work to give you a reference. The one on top of the engine is a slightly better option IMO. Other than which MAP, you are correct, just go from the MAP adapter to the top of the TiAL. If you are planning to use that adaptor for another boost reference, then you will need to get a "T" so that you can feed both sources from the one reference. Alternatively, like I said, there is a port on the hot pipes, below the MAP sensor on the pipe. You would do the same as what would be done with the MAP adapter.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

AJP turbo

You need to connect your vac line to the map sensor on top on the intake manifold...the tip sensor is pre throttle body and won't see vacuum and you need vacuum reference and boost for bov

The boost helps hold the bov shut and the vacuum works against the spring pressure to open when you lift
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BoostfoSHO

I got it hooked up yesterday from the BOV to the sensor on the manifold. I checked my pipe and it doesn't have the port under the map sensor. But the BRA has an extra port I could use later to tie the wastegate.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

BoostfoSHO

Finally got them put on. I haven't done the wiring yet so I haven't heard them open. Total spent including installation $200 bucks. Crossed over to Mexico to get them put on plus the xpipe.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

avidmotion

where did you get that X pipe? Is it Stainless?
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: avidmotion on December 18, 2017, 11:51:21 PM
where did you get that X pipe? Is it Stainless?
The muffler shop provided it when I told them I wanted an x Pipe before the cutouts. I'm not sure but I don't think it's stainless. Looks very different from the cutouts which are stainless.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Took advantage of having the flu and taking off work to get this put on.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Morning start with OBX catless downpipes and 3rd cat and resonator delete stock mufflers. Opened the cutout for a bit then closed it.
https://youtu.be/JySTBbD416Y

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on December 20, 2017, 04:34:38 PM
Morning start with OBX catless downpipes and 3rd cat and resonator delete stock mufflers. Opened the cutout for a bit then closed it.
https://youtu.be/JySTBbD416Y

Feel Free to post it @ its dedicated section! Thanks. Z
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2462.135.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Wrapped downpipes, tested for a boost leak that Brad found in my logs and it turns out it was the weld for the wastegate mod it was pretty big. Got it all fixed up.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Decided to make the change to amsoil

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

So I haven't pulled the trigger on getting transmission fluid, I'm a bit lost on the part of the transmission. Do I buy 11qts and a transmission flush?  I've been reading that the filter can't be changed. So do only buy like 6 since the average to come out I've reads about 5qts? Can I use amsoil for the transmission or use the Ford sanctioned Mercon LV?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

AJP turbo

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on January 18, 2018, 10:10:42 PM
So I haven't pulled the trigger on getting transmission fluid, I'm a bit lost on the part of the transmission. Do I buy 11qts and a transmission flush?  I've been reading that the filter can't be changed. So do only buy like 6 since the average to come out I've reads about 5qts? Can I use amsoil for the transmission or use the Ford sanctioned Mercon LV?

Use the blue label amsoil signature series ATF LV. It's meets the Ford spec and is way better due to the fact that it's a TRUE synthetic that uses group IV base oil like the motor oil.

I would buy like 6 qts and drain the case and refill because due to the bypass valve being closed because the fluid temp is cool you won't be able to flush out the converter.

Just noticed there are as many Miller lite cans as amsoil bottles.....Take it easy if you are changing the tranny fluid as well...Or there could be a 12 pack on the table lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BoostfoSHO

On my way to the 12 pack. Alright cool I'll buy 6 like I had planned. Thank you Brad.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Can I mix the 6 quarts of amsoil with whatever remains of factory oil?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...