• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth and boost

Started by Skydogs, November 24, 2017, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skydogs

My fueling bank to bank is off. Yea for sure man but I have rattled more head gaskets,rods ect ect from damn Deto it's like a Sledgehammer smacking everything inside the combustion chamber.
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

ZSHO

How many miles on your 13 PP SHO?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Skydogs

Boost and meth life!!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Skydogs on November 25, 2017, 12:19:31 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on November 24, 2017, 10:40:31 PM
400awhp Daily Driver file: 18psi
525awhp Stage 1 Track file: 22psi
617awhp Stage 2 Track file: 26psi

Not sure who told you boost is difficult to increase in/on this platform. It has been figured out and a few years ago at that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Wow kick ass yes I am up to 20psi now and with meth 80% to 20% water. Had some good knock on the end of last pull.
And fuel from bank to bank way off. Working on that now!!! I just love this stuff hahahah Once it is perfect I get bored sell it and move on to the next toy. Lol
You are most likely experiencing end pull knock because those tiny snails are way out of their efficiency island and blowing tons of hot air which overpowers your 80/20meth by the end of the pull.

BPD has a built motor and upgraded turbos so he can get away with 20 PSI shenanigans. Please notice, he daily drives his 18 PSI file.

Do yourself a favor and post some logs, there's no way in hell I'd run 20 PSI if my "fuel from bank to bank" was off. Honestly I wouldn't run 20 PSI with 100% meth or straight corn with the stock turbos under any circumstances. FYI these cars respond very well to 15 ish PSI with a bunch of spark advance.

Also go into your profile and make a signature with your vehicle and all pertinent details...Year, specific vehicle, PP or non, mods, tuner, etc. This helps everybody when you have questions or issues.

ZSHO

I wholeheartedly agree with FoMoCoSHO and post up some logs cause certainly want to avoid any imminent catastrophic failure/event from happening considering the circumstances,in conjunction with the Snow Meth kit! just some food for thought.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 24, 2017, 10:40:31 PM
400awhp Daily Driver file: 18psi
525awhp Stage 1 Track file: 22psi
617awhp Stage 2 Track file: 26psi

Not sure who told you boost is difficult to increase in/on this platform. It has been figured out and a few years ago at that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatal[/quot

OK.Thanks.Has any one built a serious race car with a 3.5 Ecoboost?I'm talking 9 & 10 second cars.The only one I have heard of is the 9 second 4 cylinder that Livernois built.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 396375 on November 25, 2017, 11:56:53 PM

OK.Thanks.Has any one built a serious race car with a 3.5 Ecoboost?I'm talking 9 & 10 second cars.The only one I have heard of is the 9 second 4 cylinder that Livernois built.

Which platform?

3.5 Transverse, none I'm aware of.

There would need to be a LOT of development on the trans and ptu before that was feasible.

Skydogs

Thank You guys for the info! I will keep you updated and get a log up soon.

Boost and meth life!!

bpd1151

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 26, 2017, 12:49:36 AM
Quote from: 396375 on November 25, 2017, 11:56:53 PM

Which platform?

3.5 Transverse, none I'm aware of.

There would need to be a LOT of development on the trans and ptu before that was feasible.
Very true.

Although my built motor, with the 617awhp file was/is projected by Dan Millen, owner of LMS, to be a high 10's pass (specifically 10.7 or 10.8) FoMo is correct in stating that much needs to be done on the trans/drivetrain side of the equation in order to get there both reliably and consistently.

As others who've dabbled in that arena will tell you, the upgraded tranny's that they each had, both grenaded on them, and at slightly lower power levels of mine, at that.

I asked Dan very poignantly if I can run that 617 file, and he giggled a little and replied with the following.....

"I wouldn't. At least not until you tell me you have money for a trans build. Even then, I'd have to find someone I'm comfortable with and recommend you to. You may get one pass, maybe three, or even a 1/2 dozen, before you start spitting parts out the tail and leave them all over. Who knows. It's anyone's guess. But I wouldn't recommend it, until you have money set aside".

I then thanked him for his unfiltered words of wisdom, and asked one more question, which was..... Would it be easier for me to grenade my trans and then send it to you guys, or disconnect my current functioning one and let you guys have at it from there?

His reply.....

"It will be much cheaper sending me your functioning trans than it would be if it was grenaded. Functioning we can tell what parts have worn, and what needs upgrading. A grenaded one simply means we crack the case open, and look at a bunch of broken parts lying all around inside".

To date, I have not sent my trans in yet. I half thought about it for 2017, but then chose to have a MASSIVE custom audio build installed instead. I've just been having way to much fun in my SHO, to purposely put her down for an extended period of time, such as a custom trans build would require.

Secretly, I've been hoping others would've stepped up to the plate by now (& 2 have, but those both grenaded after upgrading). So IDK. Plus, there have been different upgrades that have sprung forth since then. The 2 biggest being the hi-flow HPFP, & the meth distribution setups.

So the next time I purposely put my SHO down, it will entail those 2 things, then the trans build, and likely half shafts, etc.

For now though, I'll hang onto those records, and continue enjoying my SHO for all that she is, and has become thus far. Great platform, and great owners to boot. A pairing not easily found in automotive circles.

Good luck on your own build there Dog.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Skydogs

I hear you loud and clear man!! I for one just love this thing!!! I have had many 10sec cars and a few super fast smokers. But the SHO is just so much fun!! Such a sleeper LMAO! I took down a modded 350z the other day, at the light he laughed at me. Bang i had 2 cars on him and he could not catch me!! 😎🤣🤣must be getting old because I just love it super quite!!! So smooth and fast!!!! So functional with two kids! Thank you Ford for a kick ass platform.

Thank you man!!! We will see how long she holds up! Swaping a motor not a big thing....lol but I hope not.
Boost and meth life!!