• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Quick knock reading question

Started by jbeez, November 22, 2017, 09:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeez

So if my sct x4 says min -3.5 and max +1.5 for knock, does that mean it pulled 3.5 degrees of timing, or added 3.5? Or something else?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

FoMoCoSHO

negative is adding, positive is subtracting...

AJP turbo

Yes, Fomo is correct. So with the knock settings and logic on the SHO positive values are pulling spark.

But remember those stored min and max values can happen anywhere during that drive cycle or log session. It's not uncommon to have high KR during times of transients or throttle tip ins and tip outs which usually isn't reason to be overly concerned....ALso if you get a glitch in the datastream it will be stored on those min and max values.

If you are suspecting a problem or chasing a problem then I would look to see what values are popping up DURING the pull.

A lot of people will ask me about KR and tell me they are from the displayed min/max values on the X4 and it was from a 45 minute driving session...So the values could've happened anywhere and not necessarily during a pull
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

jbeez

Totally not concerned, those don't seem like outrageous numbers? Should I be concerned? LOL

I was just curious how to read that value, in case I did want to see what was going on.

Thanks!
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

AJP turbo

Quote from: jbeez on November 22, 2017, 01:25:06 PM
Totally not concerned, those don't seem like outrageous numbers? Should I be concerned? LOL

I was just curious how to read that value, in case I did want to see what was going on.

Thanks!

I would say NO....How long were you driving to capture that data?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

jbeez

maybe 30 minutes?  It was just on the display, but I was just curious how to read it so I knew in the future :)