• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Plastidipped the chrome...

Started by mwilliams96, August 08, 2013, 11:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwilliams96

Finally got rid of all the chrome. Well, except the fender "SHO" and in the Ford Emblems. Haven't decided what I am going to do with the emblems yet. Also, to the badges off the trunk.
;D
2013 Tuxedo Black Non PP SHO -
Stock for now....

bpd1151

Looks sinister..... good job.

:beer:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

mwilliams96

Thanks! I didn't plan on the window trim chrome to be such a pain in the arse :biggrin:
Stock for now....

SHOdded

Bound to make an impression looking like it does!  I think the remaining shiny bits create a nice bit of contrast, especially during the day.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mjhpadi

Well, it certainly is black!  Actually it looks nice...must admit it looks much sharper then I anticipated.  Nice job!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

thewrubelator

SILVER SLEEPER
LMS 91v10 /  91Xv1~ Full-Race FMIC ~ AFE Stage 2 CAI ~ MAK 3" O/R D/P ~ 4" MBRP CatBack

Check out my build thread!

PopolZ

2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

DJE624

painterpatt

Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!

Bigfoot

2011 SHO
2013 5.0

geswek

Looks amazing!

It shocks me how "undercover" the car looks with it all blacked out.

mwilliams96

Quote from: geswek on August 09, 2013, 07:55:18 AM
Looks amazing!

I agree! I saw a unmarked Taurus today that was running with lights on but it was a dark red.   What motor do the police use in their cars?
Stock for now....

mjhpadi

Quote from: mwilliams96 on August 09, 2013, 11:07:22 AM
Quote from: geswek on August 09, 2013, 07:55:18 AM
Looks amazing!

I agree! I saw a unmarked Taurus today that was running with lights on but it was a dark red.   What motor do the police use in their cars?

The PI Taurus can be gotten with the normally aspirated or the twin turbo 3.5 V6.  So I would guess it would depend on the department, budget, and knowledge of the person in charge of ordering.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

mwilliams96

Thanks for the info.   Ill ask the local pd and see what engine they use
Stock for now....

DJE624

Most of the police vehicles I've seen have NA.  I think the Eco is more common on State Troopers' units.