• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Taurus SHO 60HP on tune alone!

Started by Livernois Motorsports, October 31, 2017, 03:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 01, 2017, 05:06:24 PM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on November 01, 2017, 04:54:28 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 01, 2017, 04:52:11 PM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on November 01, 2017, 04:42:59 PM
Quote from: Agentlongwood on November 01, 2017, 02:40:07 PM
Quote from: Brucelinc on November 01, 2017, 10:26:03 AM
My MKS went from 13.8 in the quarter when stock to 12.68 tuned

Teach me Obi-Wan Kenobi.  I'm driving a 2014 MKS and stock my best time was 14.3 @ 98.  I'm running a 3 bar, 93 octane tune now, and got down to 13.0 @ 105.  Running 12.68 with nothing but a tune seems abnormally fast for an MKS. 
Every track in every state can have different results

I honestly don't think this can be stressed enough.
My car bone stock runs 12.1 while spinning on the stock street tires here in michigan but i know other states are stuck mid 12s at best on street tires

Bone stock and 12.1? You have the fastest SHO on the planet or even if you meant a tune only then you still have the fastest SHO tune only, congrats! You would make Meth people cry
The SHO that i said i had i gave to my mother because she needed a new car, so now she has that car and i got myself a scat pack challenger

StealBlueSho

I have seriously considered it at times! Even had a quote for a dyno tune.. but was told it probably wasn't worth the money for minimal gain and that your remote tunes are pretty dialed in. That was straight from Anthony or Dan I can't remember...  Its not a short drive plus hotel and time off etc.. its a commitment.

Of course LMS could come to the east coast too! Lots of SHO's this way.. PA specifically.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 01, 2017, 05:16:34 PM
I have seriously considered it at times! Even had a quote for a dyno tune.. but was told it probably wasn't worth the money for minimal gain and that your remote tunes are pretty dialed in. That was straight from Anthony or Dan I can't remember...  Its not a short drive plus hotel and time off etc.. its a commitment.

Of course LMS could come to the east coast too! Lots of SHO's this way.. PA specifically.
Yeah all of our can tune files are all really dialed in because of how many we have actually done, and its hard for us to trailer all of our cars over to PA but who knows, maybe in the future it could happen

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 01, 2017, 05:16:34 PMOf course LMS could come to the east coast too! Lots of SHO's this way.. PA specifically.

An opportunity I spoke directly with Dan about previously. Specifically making it a point to bring out all the crew to the HUGE, well attended, Ford National's in Carlisle, PA.

2017 saw in excess of 3,300 individual Ford cars, from all different platforms.

To not attend, is absolutely absurd. Especially for such a big company as LMS. Plenty of other vendor's were in attendance. I know Dave and someone else made a "courtesy pit stop" as they only happen to be in the area performing a vehicle delivery. But a pit stop, versus an all out commitment from the company overall, are two vastly different paradigms.

It could be done, and certainly should be something being discussed for calendar year 2018, when deciding which events to attend.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 01, 2017, 05:45:24 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 01, 2017, 05:16:34 PMOf course LMS could come to the east coast too! Lots of SHO's this way.. PA specifically.

An opportunity I spoke directly with Dan about previously. Specifically making it a point to bring out all the crew to the HUGE, well attended, Ford National's in Carlisle, PA.

To not attend, is absolutely absurd. Especially for such a big company as LMS. Plenty of other vendor's were in attendance. I know Dave and someone else made a "courtesy pit stop" as they only happen to be in the area performing a vehicle delivery. But a pit stop, versus an all out commitment from the company overall, are two vastly different paradigms.

It could be done, and certainly should be something being discussed for calendar year 2018, when deciding which events to attend.

I will gladly let everyone know and see what we can do about this in the upcoming year

Brucelinc

I need to move to Michigan.  Cody, if a stock scat pack Challenger can run 12.1, the track must either be less than a quarter mile or seriously downhill. 

At Brainerd, MN or Rock Falls, WI, they are mid to high 12 second cars. 

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Brucelinc on November 01, 2017, 05:50:50 PM
I need to move to Michigan.  Cody, if a stock scat pack Challenger can run 12.1, the track must either be less than a quarter mile or seriously downhill. 

I was also spinning! I actually have the time slips as well! lol. but if i can spin and hit 12.1 at 114.56mph spinning i can hit 11.9 if i dont spin

StealBlueSho

What he said x2 ^^^^^^^^ Scats run mid 12's at best here in VA...  Would be cool to have a timeslip that is .4 faster just due to location!!!!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 01, 2017, 06:00:46 PM

What he said x2 ^^^^^^^^ Scats run mid 12's at best here in VA...  Would be cool to have a timeslip that is .4 faster just due to location!!!!
That was at 0 DA with a negative DA and if i could stop spinning this car could do crazy things with me behind the wheel

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 01, 2017, 05:45:24 PM

This needs a sticky.. BPD1151 just called LMS "Absurd"...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on November 01, 2017, 06:01:51 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 01, 2017, 06:00:46 PM

That was at 0 DA with a negative DA and if i could stop spinning this car could do crazy things with me behind the wheel

.......no doubt....... :popcorn:

SHOdded

All kidding aside, bpd does talk frankly with/about LME.  He holds vendors to the same exacting standards he holds himself.  Much like being a fan of a football team :).  You support them 100%, but you call them out when you see area for improvement.  Hence the many times I lost my voice cursing out the Skins, LOL!

We are all in this together, when it comes down to it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on November 01, 2017, 06:12:22 PM
All kidding aside, bpd does talk frankly with/about LME.  He holds vendors to the same exacting standards he holds himself.  Much like being a fan of a football team :).  You support them 100%, but you call them out when you see area for improvement.  Hence the many times I lost my voice cursing out the Skins, LOL!

We are all in this together, when it comes down to it.
Very true.

That said, my comment as displayed a few posts back, stated not attending is absurd.

Poking the bear though for sure. I know Dan told me the amount it cost for a vendor spot at the National's..... so I get it.

But as I tried to convince him, 3,300+ cars! My God. I mean really? Certainly there's a great opportunity to recoup the costs, as well as continuing to foster long term relations, as well as building new ones.

So fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AJP turbo

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on November 01, 2017, 05:12:25 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on November 01, 2017, 05:06:24 PM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on November 01, 2017, 04:54:28 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 01, 2017, 04:52:11 PM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on November 01, 2017, 04:42:59 PM
Quote from: Agentlongwood on November 01, 2017, 02:40:07 PM
Quote from: Brucelinc on November 01, 2017, 10:26:03 AM
My MKS went from 13.8 in the quarter when stock to 12.68 tuned

Teach me Obi-Wan Kenobi.  I'm driving a 2014 MKS and stock my best time was 14.3 @ 98.  I'm running a 3 bar, 93 octane tune now, and got down to 13.0 @ 105.  Running 12.68 with nothing but a tune seems abnormally fast for an MKS. 
Every track in every state can have different results

I honestly don't think this can be stressed enough.
My car bone stock runs 12.1 while spinning on the stock street tires here in michigan but i know other states are stuck mid 12s at best on street tires

Bone stock and 12.1? You have the fastest SHO on the planet or even if you meant a tune only then you still have the fastest SHO tune only, congrats! You would make Meth people cry
I have an 18 scat pack lol

Came out very misleading...So you are talking about your Poop pack fiat?...Sounded like you meant a bone stock SHO ran that time

Apparently "scat" means poop....We aren't really concerned with Dodge/Fiat here in this place.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

I have been trying to refrain myself but this thread is starting to confuse me a bit  :-\  in more ways than one,especially coming from a vendor section. IDK. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|