• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Taurus SHO 60HP on tune alone!

Started by Livernois Motorsports, October 31, 2017, 03:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livernois Motorsports

We have done plenty of research on the taurus sho and have been able to pull huge power gains from just a tune alone and even more power with bolt ons! We see gains over 59hp and 88tq on your otherwise stock vehicle! If interested feel free to give me a call at 313-561-5500 extension 104! My name is Cody and i will be glad to assist you.

derfdog15

Numbers claim without a dyno graph or vid? Good luck selling that.

Post the dyno graph, I want to see where these "gains" are. Especially since theres a good chance the peak numbers are on a boost spike event, making them skewed.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

Livernois Motorsports

These are crank HP numbers, and also remember if you know the sho you know it takes a huge loss on the power because of the AWD sadly  :'(

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: derfdog15 on October 31, 2017, 04:32:47 PM
Numbers claim without a dyno graph or vid? Good luck selling that.

Post the dyno graph, I want to see where these "gains" are. Especially since theres a good chance the peak numbers are on a boost spike event, making them skewed.
https://youtu.be/K34CRHtRwms
This is with a tune and cat back alone

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: SHOdded on October 31, 2017, 05:24:21 PM
Crank hp/tq makes perfect sense.
Even with the big powertrain loss this car takes the tune alone makes a huge difference with our 93 tune, i remember thats the first upgrade i did on mine and it was a night and day difference already!

StealBlueSho

The LMS tune is great for people who don't want to deal with datalogging. Set and forget! 60HP crank equates to around 45 whp or so. Absolutely I can see their tune doing that. Plus the shifting changes and torque management changes... it's a well rounded tune.

arrivalblue

Is this tune still safe without other bolt ons? And will dealer be able to detect for those of us still under warranty?

Brucelinc

I do not really care about dyno results.  I care about how the car performs - power, drivability and use as a daily driver.  With a Livernois tune alone - no bolt ons - my MKS went from 13.8 in the quarter when stock to 12.68 tuned, delivered better cruising fuel economy and was a much more enjoyable daily driver.  I was tuned for over 40,000 miles with around 50 quarter mile passes and ZERO problems.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 31, 2017, 06:01:39 PM
The LMS tune is great for people who don't want to deal with datalogging. Set and forget! 60HP crank equates to around 45 whp or so. Absolutely I can see their tune doing that. Plus the shifting changes and torque management changes... it's a well rounded tune.
Yes, alot of people do not want to deal with the data logging and just like to plug and play and be done with it after that point!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: arrivalblue on October 31, 2017, 08:39:57 PM
Is this tune still safe without other bolt ons? And will dealer be able to detect for those of us still under warranty?
Yes the tune is still safe without bolt ons but it is highly recommened that you at least put the upgraded plugs and 160 evenflo thermostat at least, everything else is up to you, i drove with our products on my own 15 taurus sho for 20k miles no issues at all! The dealer can tell if they really want to look hard enough but there are tuner friendly dealers around that as long as you are honest and upfront may not worry about the tune. We always recommend you take the tune back to the stock file before taking the vehicle to a dealership in case they need to update the system software on the vehicle!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Brucelinc on November 01, 2017, 10:26:03 AM
I do not really care about dyno results.  I care about how the car performs - power, drivability and use as a daily driver.  With a Livernois tune alone - no bolt ons - my MKS went from 13.8 in the quarter when stock to 12.68 tuned, delivered better cruising fuel economy and was a much more enjoyable daily driver.  I was tuned for over 40,000 miles with around 50 quarter mile passes and ZERO problems.

It really is a night and day difference with these cars, the tunes really wake them up!

Blackhawk

100% agree

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Blackhawk on November 01, 2017, 12:56:11 PM
100% agree
And our vehicles have been proven to be amazing as daily drivers still after the tune and still very comfortable as well as more aggressive and powerful!

Agentlongwood

My MKS went from 13.8 in the quarter when stock to 12.68 tuned

Teach me Obi-Wan Kenobi.  I'm driving a 2014 MKS and stock my best time was 14.3 @ 98.  I'm running a 3 bar, 93 octane tune now, and got down to 13.0 @ 105.  Running 12.68 with nothing but a tune seems abnormally fast for an MKS. 
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes