• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GIGANTOREs Police Interceptor SHO Meth Sleeper

Started by GIGANTORE, October 22, 2017, 09:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeez

thats funny, when my flex coupler was freyed on my SHO the service advisor said I should just take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld one in for me lol
2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

GIGANTORE

Quote from: jbeez on December 29, 2017, 09:27:16 PM
thats funny, when my flex coupler was freyed on my SHO the service advisor said I should just take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld one in for me lol

Typical

GIGANTORE

Okay, so the next mini project is in the planning stages. And I might get some negative feedback for this one. As many of you know, the BC coilovers have full caster and camber adjustment on the top. Unfortunately, you can't get to the top of the mount to make adjustments. Because there's no access from the top side, under the hood. Just a small hole that allows you to see the top adjustment nut on the strut (but the angle won't let you get a wrench or socket on it). So, I've decided to go full-retard. I'm going to take a hole saw to the top of the mount. Planning on using a 3" hole saw to open up that area. This will allow me to make fine tune adjustments. I should be able to clean it up so that it doesn't look like anything was done. And since this hole will be within the 4 upper mounting bolts, it shouldn't present any structural issues.

GIGANTORE

So after a few days of being told I would get a call back, attitude, giving me crap about the catless downpipes, 3 times with no returned calls (as promised), I decided to drop in. It took them 3 days just to replace the clips in the lower splash guard. I called this morning to get an update (10:30am). I just wanted them to replace the clips. "Oh, yeah I've been busy with people in front of me all morning. I'll call you right back." So imagine my surprise when I show up at the dealership in my Uber 3hrs later. To find this dude kicking back, talking football, like he doesn't have someone waiting for his returned call. He didn't recognize me at first. I mention the SHO and he suddenly gets motivated. He leaves me standing there while he goes to Check on my car. "We do have those clips now. Your car will be ready sometime this afterfternoon." Which is when I kinda lost my s***. Told him to bring out the car and his service manager. Gave his manager detailed play by play, with the service advisor standing there. I was given a loaner so that they could take a look at the rusted crash bar. They gave me a 16 Edge sport.

SHOdded

Bloody hell. Right of you to take 'em to task,
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Here In N.Y we Hang their balls out to Dry!!!!!!.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

GIGANTORE

Had a some time today to prep for the next little project.
Started with the old school gasket making method of hammering cardboard over the strut bolts. Then I used the cardboard as a template and transferred it to wood. Now I can simply drop the strut, bolt the template down to the top of the mount, and cut a nice 3" hole. Should give me all the access I need to the top strut.

GIGANTORE

Today was a good day. Drove to my buddies place to try to find the source of the popping noise coming from the drivers side coilover (or so I thought). After having 2 different shops I deal with, try to find the source of the noise, my buddy finds it in 10min. As it turns out, the subframe bolt near the drivers side coilover was just loose enough to cause the bolt to shift back and fourth. Managed to get a 1/4 turn on the bolt and the noise is gone! Huge win for the day! I also managed to get some longer adjusters for the rear shocks. So now all I have to do is drop the rear seats to adjust firmness. The adjusters that came with the set were only a couple inches long. These are about 10" long. Just long enough to poke out through the trim.

Next thing in the list is to wrap the down pipes..

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

GIGANTORE

Haven't posted much lately. Was rear ended by a Tesla suv a little over 2 weeks ago. Hoping to get the car back any day now.

derfdog15

Quote from: GIGANTORE on March 27, 2018, 12:26:38 PM

Unfortunate but that is probably the best spot to be hit on the trunk. Just a trunk replacement and no new lights etc. However, if yours is tuxedo the paint is a pain to get right and could take a little bit. If they don't require a core, I would ask to keep your stock trunk (because if we were 10 or 15 years earlier they would just fix your stock trunk, and its definitely something that could be fixed, just not worth the time to fix now a days). They will want to get new trim, please stress NEW TRIM, because the trim does not like being removed and reinstalled.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

PDR is probably not an option with this :(  Hope the taillights stay lined up with the new trunklid!

GIGANTORE

They are having a hell of a time lining things back up. They are trying to tell me it has been hit before. But I don't buy it. Going to look at it today.

derfdog15

Quote from: SHOdded on March 27, 2018, 03:29:09 PM
PDR is probably not an option with this :(  Hope the taillights stay lined up with the new trunklid!

Can't PDR it for sure, but the dent itself could be put back to flush if someone took there time with it. Given that a trunklid for these cars costs a LOT of money for a trunk, at the current time, I would keep it if I could and spend some time to get it right to have a spare. Though since they aren't SHO specific, you may be able to get lucky and find one at a junkyard on a taxi or other regular taurus.

That said, self painting a tuxedo black body panel, hell no, that scares me quite a bit. A step below mystichrome in cost and difficulty but definitely a pain.

Quote from: GIGANTORE on March 27, 2018, 04:06:24 PM
They are having a hell of a time lining things back up. They are trying to tell me it has been hit before. But I don't buy it. Going to look at it today.

If the hit was at the right angle, it could have tweaked the frame in the rear. However, I would bet on the shop needing to take more time to get it lined up.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car