• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GIGANTOREs Police Interceptor SHO Meth Sleeper

Started by GIGANTORE, October 22, 2017, 09:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIGANTORE

Just went to take a look at it. Dude about fell over when he saw me pull out a roll of tape and start marking all the flaws in the paint. The tail lights look better but aren't perfect. I told them they need to keep trying. They are trying to tell me that they THINK it's been hit before. Only because they found a shim in the bumper. Explained to them that manufacturers do it all the time. Was nice to see the car all cleaned up though.

SHOdded

Ha.  next time take a paint gauge with you and point out their bondo work.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

GIGANTORE

Hey guys. Checking in. Been too busy to get anything done on the car. Still battling with Allstate to get the car fixed correctly.

I'm also still having issues with popping noises. I need to track down the part number for the subframe bolts in the front. I think they might be stretched to the point where they need to be replaced. Anyone have the part number for subframe bolts? Also need to tq specs if I can find them.

Last things I need to complete this build.
- Square away suspension noise/popping.
- Wrap down pipes.
- Install meth kit
- low profile 6x9's
- Coat and install roll out rifle rack in trunk.

GIGANTORE

Spent some time searching for subframe bolts. I was only able to find ones for the previous gen. And I don't think they can be substituted. Gonna call ford tomorrow.

SHOdded

Ford -W710714-S439    
Bolt
M14 X 155MM , Crossmember

Require Quantity:   2
Package Quantity:   2
Base Number:   HB1
Callout Name:   HB1
$15.25  $8.85

Ford -W714157-S439    
Bolt
M14 x 120 , Crossmember

Package Quantity:   4
Callout Name:   HB2
$4.25  $2.47

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2014-ford-taurus/front-susp-arms-stabilizer-x-member.html?Filter=(38591;30734;43021;28765)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

GIGANTORE

Quote from: SHOdded on June 06, 2018, 12:24:36 AM
Ford -W710714-S439    
Bolt
M14 X 155MM , Crossmember

Package Quantity:   2
Callout Name:   HB1
$15.25  $8.85

Ford -W714157-S439    
Bolt
M14 x 120 , Crossmember

Package Quantity:   4
Callout Name:   HB2
$4.25  $2.47

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2014-ford-taurus/front-susp-arms-stabilizer-x-member.html?Filter=(38591;30734;43021;28765)

Awesome. Thanks man. Looks like they are the same, front and rear.

SHOdded

Yeah, cant tell which one applies to you :(. But each pkt comes with 4 and is inexpensive, so i would get both and return what was not opened.

GIGANTORE

Just ordered front and back. Looks like
W714157-S439  Is for fronts
W710714-S439  Is for the rears

Now I just need to find the tq specs. Have a feeling I'm experiencing this due to the bolts being over torqued.

SHOdded