• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GIGANTOREs Police Interceptor SHO Meth Sleeper

Started by GIGANTORE, October 22, 2017, 09:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

I have seen a trend towards xmas layoffs in recent years, and without warning.  It is difficult because of the season itself, but much more so because at this time, usually no one is hiring or available to respond to your queries.  If your financial pantry is not well stocked (6 mo min, I would say 1 year pragmatically), you could find yourself in deep trouble.  God forbid you have any serious health issues and have to sign up for Obamacare.  Dont forget you have to repay those premiums at tax time once you do get a job.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: GIGANTORE on December 20, 2017, 07:43:34 AM
Quote from: bpd1151 on December 19, 2017, 11:26:02 PM
Quote from: GIGANTORE on December 19, 2017, 10:51:59 PM
Looks like I'll be using the sho as an Uber vehicle. Just got approval from Uber and Lyft.
Why in God's name would you subject your SHO to that??

Seems counterproductive. **SMH**

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was laid off a week ago. Still thinking about renting a car to Uber.
I would suggest pizza delivery...

Depending on where you are you can make better money per hour with less wear and tear. There are also good companies out there that offer some pretty good benefits as well.

GIGANTORE

I wouldn't deliver pizza. Did that my first year of enlistment as a side job. Never again. I'm working part time for a buddy thats a contractor. The bad part is that I was only at the job for 6 months. Was growing their business and getting them ins with great business relationships. Everything in their pipeline was created by me. So I had a LOT of commission coming my way. 2 months after an awesome review (recorded on my phone), I get my pay restructered and ZERO commission in new plan. 2 weeks later, s***-canned because I'm "not a good fit". What happened to my rave review 2 months ago? Since the only reason from them was "not a good fit", I'm left to draw my own conclusion.
I had created enough for them, that they didn't need me.
It's s*** like this that makes people bitter.

Don't think I didn't kick the door off the hinges on the way out.

GIGANTORE

Merry Christmas, everyone! Had the mobile Detailer come by the house to wash the monster.

SHOdded

Looks like he had to leave in a hurry, LOL!  Great pic, btw.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Agentlongwood

I just saw a real police interceptor pull someone over today.  I'd never seen one in black before, only the white ones.  Holy crap it looked good in black.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

GIGANTORE

Quote from: SHOdded on December 24, 2017, 06:27:21 PM
Looks like he had to leave in a hurry, LOL!  Great pic, btw.

He was actually in the shot. I cropped him out.

GIGANTORE

Quote from: Agentlongwood on December 24, 2017, 07:26:43 PM
I just saw a real police interceptor pull someone over today.  I'd never seen one in black before, only the white ones.  Holy crap it looked good in black.

They look even better with a lower stance. The guy that I took it to for an alignment thought it was a PI car with a body kit.

GIGANTORE

Dropped the car off at Ford on Tuesday to do the driveshaft seal (passengers side) leak. Just got a call today saying that it would be fixed under warranty. The guy said he would have it fixed under warranty THIS TIME. And he said that this was caused by having catless down pipes. Which is impossible since the leak was there before the down pipes. He said the heat cooked the seal. I'm calling bullshit. For safe measure, I'll wrap that one pipe with some lava wrap. I found it interesting that he was acting like he's the one that makes the decision at Ford. I had to bite my tongue on the phone. If he repeats any of his nonsense when I go to pick up the car, I'll likely chew him a new ass.

ZSHO

Quote from: GIGANTORE on December 29, 2017, 06:07:33 PM
Dropped the car off at Ford on Tuesday to do the driveshaft seal (passengers side) leak. Just got a call today saying that it would be fixed under warranty. The guy said he would have it fixed under warranty THIS TIME. And he said that this was caused by having catless down pipes. Which is impossible since the leak was there before the down pipes. He said the heat cooked the seal. I'm calling bull**** For safe measure, I'll wrap that one pipe with some lava wrap. I found it interesting that he was acting like he's the one that makes the decision at Ford. I had to bite my tongue on the phone. If he repeats any of his nonsense when I go to pick up the car, I'll likely chew him a new ass.
I would not take it personal IMO!
The main issue its being covered under warranty!  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

GIGANTORE

It was the service advisor I was talking to. Just annoying to have someone talking out of their ass and being arrogant. I'm pretty easy to get along with.

AJP turbo

Quote from: GIGANTORE on December 29, 2017, 06:36:21 PM
It was the service advisor I was talking to. Just annoying to have someone talking out of their ass and being arrogant. I'm pretty easy to get along with.

Yeah people like that kill me lol...In fact I try and not talk to those people at all costs....I usually go out of my way to tell them that I prefer to talk to mechanics because we can understand eachother better and someone that doesn't turn wrenches usually speaks in a language that is meant for people that don't turn wrenches.

I understand being dedicated to your job and doing well by the people you work for but more often than not the people that act like that forget that it's not their money and when they take it upon themselves to play corporate bean counter all they are doing is stealing work from the mechanics
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: GIGANTORE on December 29, 2017, 06:36:21 PM
I have had my fair share of arguments in the past,but learned to digress and move on! especially taking advice from ignorant service advisors with hands as soft as a baby's bottom! LOL.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

GIGANTORE

Yup. I was a tech for a while. A lot of times service guys would lose sight of the fact that they were killing business. They let their ego drive them to make business decisions that they don't get paid for. And certainly aren't qualified to make.

SilvererSHO

Quote from: GIGANTORE on December 29, 2017, 07:35:19 PM
Yup. I was a tech for a while. A lot of times service guys would lose sight of the fact that they were killing business. They let their ego drive them to make business decisions that they don't get paid for. And certainly aren't qualified to make.

A few years back my wife hit something laying on the road with her '12 Traverse.  Long story short it developed an exhaust leak and had a weird vibration which turned out to be a motor mount.  I thought it was the exhaust system pushed into something that was causing the vibration.  So I told the service guy at the Chevy stealership in the town I was working in at the time to get me a quote to fix the flex joint on one bank of the motor.  $1,200+.  $800 some for the entire exhaust assembly plus labor.  I looked at the guy and asked him why he couldn't just weld in a new flex joint instead of replacing the entire exhaust system.  He scoffed at me and rolled his eyes like that was the stupidest thing he had ever heard.  Tried to imply that it would never fly in this day and age with newer hi-tech vehicles.  Now I don't expect the dealership to do something like this for me but instead of trying to bullshit me he could have just told me yes I could do that but they don't do that type of work and possibly even recommended a place to take it.  How gullible do they think people are?  All he did is lose a customer for life.  First and last time I darkened their doorway.  I'll never take anything there for any reason.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.