• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Pictures of Other Rides

Started by sholxgt, September 30, 2017, 12:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

I was asked about pics of my motorcycle in another thread, but didn't want to mess up that thread.

Thought...I'll make a new one with some pics of a few of my previous/current rides.  I hope others enjoy this as much as I like seeing the pictures that others post.

In no particular order...

Here's what I was driving just before the MKS.  It wasn't as bad as you may think.  Better performer is some ways and super reliable/durable...

Here's a picture of the 1998 Oldsmobile Aurora I owned.  Shown just because it was the most similar thing I've owned to the current MKS.  Like the MKS, it's looks didn't give away what was underneath...

Here's a 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV that I showed and raced...

Here's possibly my favorite vehicle I've owned.  2003 F250 6.0 Powerstroke.  Ran a 13.9 in the 1/4 and looked good doing it back in the day.

Here's our 2008 Honda Fit in the Tail of the Dragon when it was new.

Here it is today.  Still have it and it's about to get round two of mods.  This time I'm going deeeeep.

Here's the newest ride in the family.  Wife needed a new work beater so we could retire the Fit.  The turbo keeps it pretty interesting and it will soon have added boost :)

Now for what I was asked to show...bikes.

Here's my one true.....oh wait, the wife may see this.  Here's the one thing I will never sell.  My 1995 ZX-9R.  Modded just the way I want it.  It's put my buddy's with 'Busas and Gixxer 1000's back on the trailer.  Not it's not stock.

Here's a Triumph I bought and rode for about 5 years.  It kept miles off of the Nine and was a good bike.

Hope I didn't bore anyone too much.  I can post more, but I may have already bored the heck out of most people.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Sweet rides!  What is the top speed on your 9R now?  180+ was what I last heard back when it was new?

Always wanted to get an Aurora, but it was a luxury car back in the day, and I don't do so well with luxmobiles LOL.  Only recently gravitated away from family sedans, with the Edge.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

I like the front calipers on the Nissan....Same as I had on my 350Z Gran Touring 2006.

Was it an easy conversion?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on September 30, 2017, 06:57:59 AM
Sweet rides!  What is the top speed on your 9R now?  180+ was what I last heard back when it was new?

Always wanted to get an Aurora, but it was a luxury car back in the day, and I don't do so well with luxmobiles LOL.  Only recently gravitated away from family sedans, with the Edge.

I've often wondered what it's true top speed is.  It's hard to know because the speedometers on bikes are horribly inaccurate.  I've seen the end of the 190mph speedo a few times with a few hundred rpm to go, but that could be as low as 170 with how off they are.  Mine is a mechanical speedometer which is more accurate than the modern digital ones, but still way off.  OEMs intentionally set the digital ones off.  It went an indicated 185 with the wife on the back before sanity prevailed.

It's geared one tooth down in the front with stock size in the rear.  Kept stock in rear to help with strength and longevity because it's an all aluminum set up and only 520mm wide.  Plus the billet wheels do not have the cush (sp?) drive.  Everything to get every bit of power to the ground.  Head work, full titanium exhaust, larger carburetors, ignition advance, etc, etc.  It runs good for what it is and surprises people given it's antiquity. 

It's really hard to imagine, but the Aurora was a great car.  I bought it from a good friends grandfather and I drove it as a highway car with a nice stereo system in it for years.  At around 130,000 miles I gave it to my Mom who put another 50,000 or so miles on it.  She traded it in with just over 180,000 miles during the cash for clunkers program.  They were a bit like our cars in that extreme maintenance was the key to their survival.  Opposite of our cars was they were dead nuts slow to 30mph or so.  From a 70 roll, it pulled on my '92 LX 5.0 that went high 12's in the quarter. 

It had over 100,000 miles in those pictures.  The leather still looked new at trade in.
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

sholxgt

Quote from: AJP turbo on September 30, 2017, 08:49:02 AM
I like the front calipers on the Nissan....Same as I had on my 350Z Gran Touring 2006.

Was it an easy conversion?

It was a fairly easy conversion.  The hardest part was the caliper pins.  The rotors on the specV's are not as thick as the 350/370's.  If memory serves correct there were like 4 pins per caliper.  I had a machine shop cut and re-contour the pins for me because they are like hardened tool steel or something.  I was the first one on our message boards to attempt the swap so I bought the parts and went from there.  I think later on they figured out a car that you could buy the pins from.

Worked really stupidly well on that light car with larger diameter rotors and Carbotech pads.  What was awesome was that, since they are an OEM Nissan part, the calipers weren't all that expensive.  I wish Ford would step up their brake game. 

SHOdded

Quote from: sholxgt on September 30, 2017, 10:56:54 AM
It had over 100,000 miles in those pictures.  The leather still looked new at trade in.
Doesn't show its' age at all, nice job keeping it like that :thumb:  Pulled from 70?  Wow!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

Ah:..... Other Rides Yes
WE love our other Rides, Alas
all the Ducati's are Now Gone, as I
AM NOW too old and too slow for those
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

Won't see many cars running with their engines exposed like that, LOL!  Very nice :thumb:

sholxgt

Nice rides irondoor!!!

What's that first bike?  It reminds me of a buddies Confederate.

His bike is in the foreground.  If you look closely in the top right, you can see my Nine's taillight.

I still remember listening to his bike with the big S&S motor bouncing off of the limiter in 5th while he was trying to get that Baker 6-speed to upshift.  We were in oncoming traffic lane passing at a high rate of speed.  I grabbed brakes and tucked into the right lane.  He kept his on the limiter and made the pass.  No, I could not keep up with him in any of our rides.  My bike could have, but I could NOT!  LOL

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on September 30, 2017, 12:18:19 PM
Quote from: sholxgt on September 30, 2017, 10:56:54 AM
Doesn't show its' age at all, nice job keeping it like that :thumb:  Pulled from 70?  Wow!

Yeah, the Aurora v8 motor was one of GM's better designs.  It was designed in the early '90's by Oldsmobile engineers (back when Olds actually made their own stuff).  Initial testing was phenomenal.  At the same time, Cadillac was running those multi-displacement v8's that had a near 100% failure rate.

GM had to do something and fast for Cadillac and so they let Cadillac steal the design.  Cadillac detuned it and increased the bore to create the Northstar v8 which, in some ways, saved that company.

This history of the whole thing seems to be getting re-written just like everything else, but I was alive and really into cars at the time.  It was an Olds design that Caddy borrowed.  People now know of the Northstar, but don't realize it was an Olds motor originally.

When it was time to go racing, GM used the Olds version of the motor in a Cadillac race car and called it a Northstar even though it was in truth an Aurora and was from the beginning. 

The old GM is a really interesting study.  For whatever reason, they let Cadillac steal from both Olds and Buick through the years and really pooped on all of the brands except Chevy and Cadillac.  If it weren't for the Chinese market, they would have killed Buick as well.

The coolest place the Aurora v8 ended up was in the first Gen Shelby Series 1.

SHOdded

1.69 gas ...  Engine history is fascinating.  Just like how the SHO came to be.  And yes, I was saddened by the axing of Oldsmobile.

irondoor19

Quote from: sholxgt on September 30, 2017, 04:36:44 PM
Nice rides irondoor!!!

What's that first bike?  It reminds me of a buddies Confederate.

His bike is in the foreground.  If you look closely in the top right, you can see my Nine's taillight.

I still remember listening to his bike with the big S&S motor bouncing off of the limiter in 5th while he was trying to get that Baker 6-speed to upshift.  We were in oncoming traffic lane passing at a high rate of speed.  I grabbed brakes and tucked into the right lane.  He kept his on the limiter and made the pass.  No, I could not keep up with him in any of our rides.  My bike could have, but I could NOT!  LOL

DID NOT SEE THIS TILL TODAY:

They ALL are G1 Confederate to Start:  1999 Thru 2001, with my touches or the Guy from California
Was Hellcat Alley (i Believe) All and I mean ALL were built with an S&S Gearbox, 5 Speed Andrews
Gear Set, So if you wanted More Top End, A smaller Rear Gear was the way to Go..
So i am the G1 Hoarder in the States, have owned way to many to Count, got off on a Tangent or 2
So Now i am restoring a FEW to the original Hellcat of America GT Specs. most are 113 CU In, A Few
are 120 Cu In Merch (125 Horse, 130 FT Flbs). Can be a handful to ride BUT  way fun if you have big
%^*&.....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

EcoPowerParts

My current stable :)
Wife's F250, my Tremor and CTS-V. Tremor goes in to get lowered this weekend, 4/6 drop. Wife's has a 2.5" level and 37's. I like lowered, she likes lifted. :D
Finally bought my TT kit, engine should be together soon and V back on the road making around 1400WHP/Mid 8's this winter. I can't WAIT!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Macgyver

Uniques so to speak.

2015 SHO stock performance wise but leds and DRLs upgraded etc and subs upgraded.

2014 Nissan Juke RS 6speed all tuned up with custom subs

2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS awd     The only pic I could find was mostly hidden by the SHO