• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AJPTurbo Meth Tune Review

Started by StealBlueSho, September 26, 2017, 03:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Quote from: Agentlongwood on September 27, 2017, 10:31:39 AM
How does the strategy code affect whether the car can be tuned or not?  I always thought it was like a serial number.  Do different strategy codes have sensors/parameters/etc or something, even on the same model vehicle?

My understanding is there are coding changes to how things are computed,  how sensors are handled, and differing tolerance levels that Ford learns over time ..  So 1 FIRMWARE may handle fueling and spark slightly different that another and a tune applied to one can damage another.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

derfdog15

Quote from: TopherSho on September 27, 2017, 10:35:17 AM
How does the strategy code affect whether the car can be tuned or not?  I always thought it was like a serial number.  Do different strategy codes have sensors/parameters/etc or something, even on the same model vehicle?

My understanding is there are coding changes to how things are computed,  how sensors are handled, and differing tolerance levels that Ford learns over time ..  So 1 FIRMWARE may handle fueling and spark slightly different that another and a tune applied to one can damage another.

Basically this. Each Strategy is essentially a revision in the vehicle controls used. Since SBS has a 2010, likely an early build 2010 at that, his is a very early strategy, which is much more "raw" than my 2015 was or a new 2017 or even a later 2010, as even though the vehicles have been in production all of that time, Ford engineers are constantly testing changes to ecoboost controls strategy on the SHO and other platforms in order to get the best performance vs. emissions than they can, etc.

So TLDR; An early strategy such as that of SBS may handle (and in this case DOES handle) a lot of the controls differently than a later one. IIRC SBS literally has some tables that no one else does, and some of the things that his car has calibrated stock vary vastly from others

As far as the meth tune, and AJP, it makes sense to me. I can't wait to get another SHO so I can pester AJP again xP
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

TopherSho

Quote from: derfdog15 on September 27, 2017, 12:02:09 PM

I've got a manufacturer date of late '09 :) .. I think SBS and i are in the same boat for firmware's.   The 1st firmware i had SCT did not even support.

Basically this. Each Strategy is essentially a revision in the vehicle controls used. Since SBS has a 2010, likely an early build 2010 at that, his is a very early strategy, which is much more "raw" than my 2015 was or a new 2017 or even a later 2010, as even though the vehicles have been in production all of that time, Ford engineers are constantly testing changes to ecoboost controls strategy on the SHO and other platforms in order to get the best performance vs. emissions than they can, etc.

So TLDR; An early strategy such as that of SBS may handle (and in this case DOES handle) a lot of the controls differently than a later one. IIRC SBS literally has some tables that no one else does, and some of the things that his car has calibrated stock vary vastly from others

As far as the meth tune, and AJP, it makes sense to me. I can't wait to get another SHO so I can pester AJP again xP
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

Quote from: derfdog15 on September 27, 2017, 12:02:09 PM

This is correct. Brad has spent hours pouring over the tables in my strategy trying and making adjustments here and there. No other tuner has spent that much time working my strategy over, and it shows.  One example that always comes to mind is that my strategy is populated to handle and adjust fueling for E85. I have never attempted to see if it works, but its there. Another one is the table that defines how my car idles, which as Brad stated "I am not sure how your car even idles at all"... If Brad feels like chiming in IF I didn't piss him off yet, I am sure there is more.

I used to be bitter about Unleashed not being able to put a decent tune on my car, but after working with Brad for the past 18 months I am no longer as bitter. Its just a strange strategy to deal with and if Torrie had said that upfront about it, it would have saved me $1000 in fuel pumps, etc.. maybe a draw back of revising tunes so fast that things like this fall through the cracks? I dunno...

DA corrected Brads tune ran a 12.273 @ 110.953mph right after being flashed... not bad if I say so myself. 

BoostfoSHO

How does one get a hold of AJP turbo? I've looked for a website but I can't find it. I'm looking for a tuner. I can't go with LMS since they won't tune a snow kit. I'm probably gonna sell mycal tuner I have an sct x4 but I want the livewire just for the screen and looks lol. I've been considering unleashed but this AJP sounds really good.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

AJP turbo

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on November 15, 2017, 02:31:37 PM
How does one get a hold of AJP turbo? I've looked for a website but I can't find it. I'm looking for a tuner. I can't go with LMS since they won't tune a snow kit. I'm probably gonna sell mycal tuner I have an sct x4 but I want the livewire just for the screen and looks lol. I've been considering unleashed but this AJP sounds really good.

You have been PM'd boostfosho!
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

J-Will

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 15, 2017, 02:39:56 PM

One does not get a hold of AJP Turbo; AJP Turbo gets a hold of you

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: J-Will on November 15, 2017, 05:33:53 PM

I have learned that is a true statement.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

StealBlueSho

He is our resident stalker...

I almost feel like we should have the AJPTurbo signal....

In all honesty, he should have his own separate forum under the vendors section... that would be very helpful...

SHOdded

He has to tell us when he is ready.  We have been prodding him for some time, but recognize the difficulty in changing mindset and focus from enthusiast to vendor.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

well until then.. I will just keep telling people that I refer to him to go Ecoboostperformanceforum.com, Create an account, search for the handle "AJPTurbo", and PM him... lol...

Although I would rep a windshield banner... "Tuned by Brad" >:-)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Quote from: J-Will on November 15, 2017, 05:33:53 PM

I like that LOL! Sounds serious
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Skydogs

I am working with Brad now and I agree with everything stated!!  I so far feel he is the man hands down!!!!!
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Skydogs on December 05, 2017, 10:59:32 PM
  I am working with Brad now and I agree with everything stated!!  I so far feel he is the man hands down!!!!!

Surprising how he is able to turn around tunes as fast as he does with the amount of attention he pays to each customer.  Welcome to the "Tuned by Brad" club!