• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Getting ready for the dyno...

Started by ddlopes, September 23, 2017, 09:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

Ok now that the knock issue is resolved (bad meth) and Brad is close to the end with the tuning. I'll be bringing the car to a local dyno shop soon. They use a Mustang dyno so the numbers will be about 10% lower than a dynojet. I'm just curious if there's anything I should do maintenance wise prior to dynoing the car. I'll be changing the oil and checking the sparks plugs. The plugs have less than 2000 miles but I wanna check to see how they look. I'm not sure if the bad meth caused any issues to the plugs. If there's anything else I need to do please let me know. I'm only doing 3 runs so hopefully it lays down some good numbers. Thanks for looking!!!

2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

sholxgt

Don't know how many miles are on your current fluids, but I would think about changing the PTU, RDU, and transmission fluids if they have 30k or more miles on them.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

How many miles on your SHO? I had both front wide-band 02 sensors changed prior to my DYNO-TUNE!.
IMO Spark plugs are a MUST!!!!!!!!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

I would tell the shop not to bother putting an 02 sensor in the tail pipe or using the rear 02 sensor bung for their air fuel ratio readings to incorporate in your dyno sheets...I see many shops do this and the air fuel ratio's they display will be wrong because you have cats...You would have to use the primary 02 sensor bungs and obviously you can't do that.

Also you could ask them for the raw run files and there may be a program you can download from mustang dyno to view the runs like with the dynojet software.

Good luck and wish you were on a dynojet but oh well..I'm not really familiar with how the mustangs read.

I would guess your car on a dynojet would be 400-430whp/480-530wtq....Wide range I know but it's just a rough guess.

Make sure you confirm the rollers are mechanically LINKED and turn off advancetrac if you have a PP!!

When the rollers are not mechanically linked you use the clutches in the RDU to spin the rear rollers...It's hard on them
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ddlopes

Quote from: sholxgt on September 23, 2017, 10:15:16 AM
Don't know how many miles are on your current fluids, but I would think about changing the PTU, RDU, and transmission fluids if they have 30k or more miles on them.

Car has 26,xxx miles on it
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ddlopes

Quote from: ZSHO on September 23, 2017, 10:27:05 AM
How many miles on your SHO? I had both front wide-band 02 sensors changed prior to my DYNO-TUNE!.

I'll order new plugs... what plugs should I get and what gap?

ddlopes

Quote from: AJP turbo on September 23, 2017, 12:02:31 PM
I would tell the shop not to bother putting an 02 sensor in the tail pipe or using the rear 02 sensor bung for their air fuel ratio readings to incorporate in your dyno sheets...I see many shops do this and the air fuel ratio's they display will be wrong because you have cats...You would have to use the primary 02 sensor bungs and obviously you can't do that.

Also you could ask them for the raw run files and there may be a program you can download from mustang dyno to view the runs like with the dynojet software.

Good luck and wish you were on a dynojet but oh well..I'm not really familiar with how the mustangs read.

I would guess your car on a dynojet would be 400-430whp/480-530wtq....Wide range I know but it's just a rough guess.

Make sure you confirm the rollers are mechanically LINKED and turn off advancetrac if you have a PP!!

When the rollers are not mechanically linked you use the clutches in the RDU to spin the rear rollers...It's hard on them

I'll check on everything you mentioned. I'm gonna datalog the latest tune tonight. If everything looks good let's go up one more time then stop. Brad thanks for everything! If your running a tune you need to try one of Brads. My car has never pulled this hard. I promise you'll be extremely happy...

ZSHO

Quote from: ddlopes on September 23, 2017, 12:42:20 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 23, 2017, 10:27:05 AM

I'll order new plugs... what plugs should I get and what gap?
The NGK LTR7IX-11 (6510) are one step colder than the Motorcraft/NGK -SP-534 OEM Plugs preferably gapped @-your Tuners specs and both are high quality with its precious metal plugs,Best of luck on the Dyno.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

cj7buggy

Quote from: ddlopes on September 23, 2017, 12:54:03 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on September 23, 2017, 12:02:31 PM

I'll check on everything you mentioned. I'm gonna datalog the latest tune tonight. If everything looks good let's go up one more time then stop. Brad thanks for everything! If your running a tune you need to try one of Brads. My car has never pulled this hard. I promise you'll be extremely happy...
I'll second that! I'm very pleased with the tune I got from Brad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk