• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BG-Cleaners!

Started by ZSHO, September 13, 2017, 03:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Thanks for the post! This brings up a question about the intake cleaners, would spraying meth also clean things as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 13, 2017, 03:59:37 PM
Thanks for the post! This brings up a question about the intake cleaners, would spraying meth also clean things as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SBS its from my understanding that there are many factors which play a significant role which includes the current condition of your vehicle such as mileage,environment,extreme,severe conditions,for example excessive idling would rapidly contribute to carbon buildup,especially in back of the intake valves IIRC.

I think adding a Meth system or having an induction cleaning performed at later stages would only help to a certain extent because the baked on deposits are hard to get rid of and the damage is done already,unless treated in the early stages,unfortunately similar to cancer.

I would say adding a Methanol system on a fairly new vehicle with low mileage would have the same impact as having an induction cleaning performed which will provide exceptional benefits IMHO. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

X2.  Induction cleaning in a GDI system is to be considered a regular maintenance item, much like an oil change. 

As far as methanol, I Suppose if you sprayed a mild amount and it chipped away at the deposits gradually and the deposits were of even density and composition and ...  Maybe FoMoCo can shed some light here.  Ford has the reputation of having the best control over deposit formation over other mfrs, so mileage wise there is likely some leeway.  Nonetheless no one wants to be the exception, so a boroscopy is a prerequisite.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BlueSHO

How does that stuff compare to Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus?  

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 13, 2017, 05:41:53 PM
X2.  Induction cleaning in a GDI system is to be considered a regular maintenance item, much like an oil change. 

As far as methanol, I Suppose if you sprayed a mild amount and it chipped away at the deposits gradually and the deposits were of even density and composition and ...  Maybe FoMoCo can shed some light here.  Ford has the reputation of having the best control over deposit formation over other mfrs, so mileage wise there is likely some leeway.  Nonetheless no one wants to be the exception, so a boroscopy is a prerequisite.
-MANU Great info ^ as always! How about a new Topic Methanol vs Induction cleaning continued from ^,personal preference,thoughts! Cons vs pro's etc. Thanks.  Z  :)

SHOdded

Based on how it worked in my Fusion Sport, superior no question.  Had been experiencing some shudder at startup, that TCP was eating into bit by bit.  Then decided to hit it with 44K.  Boom!  Gone in a single shot.  44K is only supposed to be used once a year.  I had the oil changed shortly after as well, just in case it was contaminated from the cleaning.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

I had BG service done at my dealer in the Spring. What products would that be so I dont double up on them ? I can call em. Just figured I would ask here so others might see as well.