• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Possible Recall - Must see Video - I am Nervous

Started by irondoor19, September 12, 2017, 09:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Gjkrisa

Three years ago i saw this also when i was looking at buying a sho i was seeing Tauruses for sale  everywhere wondering what was wrong found the rental companys just liked them and got new ones every year

But this is the only video i have seen of a newer Taurus catching fire

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

There are reasons why there are recalls and staying on Top of them is crucial for any vehicle at any given time.
There are some people who neglect having it done or simply don't RECALL if they had it performed.   :blowup:
Here's a summary of a few recalls that clearly states that a risk of fire can happen if not addressed accordingly. Z
2013 Ford Taurus FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
NHTSA Campaign #15V812000
Date Announced:
DECEMBER 02, 2015
Vehicles Affected:
Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013 Explorer, Explorer Police Utility, Taurus, Taurus Police Interceptor, Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Lincoln MKT vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the fuel delivery module may crack, allowing fuel to leak
Consequence: A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire.   :blowup:
Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel delivery module, free of charge. The recall began on December 21, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 13S04-S1. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V812000 ยป

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Taurus/2013/recalls/

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

irondoor19

Quote from: Gjkrisa on September 12, 2017, 09:50:54 AM
Three years ago i saw this also when i was looking at buying a sho i was seeing Tauruses for sale  everywhere wondering what was wrong found the rental companys just liked them and got new ones every year

But this is the only video i have seen of a newer Taurus catching fire

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

yea: Not so, My buddies Friend SHO burned to the ground in his Garage,
almost took the house with it, I will be doing more research....

irondoor19

SHOdded

No one can tell you if you are overreacting, that is personal.  Main thing is to stay vigilant.  Lot of people that don't maintain their cars, dont have recalls promptly attended to, etc.  And in some instances, it is clearly the mfr at fault.  Awareness is the first step, context is next.  Start looking for problems and you are sure to find them.  Regardless of make/model.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Besides the mechanical / electrical issues already mentioned I found an interesting fire starter when I was installing my catch can a couple of weeks ago..
I had the engine cover intake hoses off and was prepping to tap into the intake tube to the rear turbo when I looked down to the top of the PTU area and saw all this white crap.

Well it turns out it was some very light cotton type material apparently brought there by some nesting rodent(s). There were no rodents present and from what I checked none of the wires were chewed on. This must have happened while the vehicle was at the dealership as I have no material even close to what was found in my garage plus, I've always deployed Black Cat poison blocks in and around my garage.

Anyway, there was a huge pile of this stuff which I was able to vacuum up with the shop vac.
We bought this Explorer this past February so, maybe when the dealer parked it in the lot the rodents found a warm spot to make a home. (this dealer has several dirt type parking lots)
I'm Just glad I found it before some of it made it's way down to the hot turbo housing.
I've checked it a few times since then but, found no new accumulations...

So, the top of the PTU area makes a nice home for critters. LOL
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
2003 Ford Harley Davidson SuperCrew

92BlackGT

some interesting info about the number of vehicle fires annually since 1980.

http://www.nfpa.org/news-and-research/fire-statistics-and-reports/fire-statistics/vehicle-fires/highway-vehicle-fires

vehicles seem to be made a lot better today than 30+ years ago.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph