• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

steering wheel tilt

Started by interceptor, August 05, 2013, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

interceptor

Anybody else wish the steering wheel tilted down further?  My '13 SHO set at the lowest tilt is still very high.  Every other manual tilt Ford I get into I can get the steering wheel lower, and I am used to that position and like it.  The power tilt in my SHO starts high and ends fairly high.  The range of motion is good, but the initial setting is too high for my liking. 

I wonder if it would be possible to adjust the stops so that it tilts lower?
'13 SHO, non PP, all other options.  Stock for now.

SoCalSHO

If you can, raise your seat, then your wheel will be lower. But this wheel seems fine to me.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

interceptor

My head hits the ceiling if I go any higher.  I may goof around with my driving position and my recline, but I sure like where I have it now.  I just wish the wheel would go down a little further.

I was driving around a whole mix of Fords this weekend from '02-'13.  It felt really weird getting back into my SHO with my steering wheel so high.

'13 SHO, non PP, all other options.  Stock for now.

mjhpadi

I really wish they would go back to the old tilt wheels with the lever on the side of the column and the wheel actually tilted, not just move the steering column up and down.  I would be willing to pay more for the real tilt wheel.  I hate the one in the car now. 
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

Quote from: mjhpadi on August 05, 2013, 07:16:07 PM
I really wish they would go back to the old tilt wheels with the lever on the side of the column and the wheel actually tilted, not just move the steering column up and down.  I would be willing to pay more for the real tilt wheel.  I hate the one in the car now. 

I said the same thing!

Brucelinc

The tilt/telescope is powered on the MKS but the issue is the same for me.  It doesn't go low enough nor does it telescope out far enough to suit me.  I cannot imagine the shape of a human being that would ever want the wheel all the way up and all the way in.  Shaq maybe?

One issue is that the Taurus/MKS platform began life as a Volvo SUV.  They just set up a bit high and there are some compromises on packaging.  I think they are comfortable but the next generation will likely be an improvement.

Dujo

Quote from: Brucelinc on August 06, 2013, 08:39:43 AMI cannot imagine the shape of a human being that would ever want the wheel all the way up and all the way in.

Short legs, long torso. ;)

I assume the highest setting is really just so you can get it out of your way if you want (take a nap or whatever).

I had a buddy in college that had a GMC suv that he flipped the wheel all the way up (with a true tilt lever) every time he got in and out of the vehicle. Seems like more trouble than it's worth to me.

TSS

Quote from: Brucelinc on August 06, 2013, 08:39:43 AM
The tilt/telescope is powered on the MKS but the issue is the same for me.  It doesn't go low enough nor does it telescope out far enough to suit me.

As usual, ditto.  LOL.   The wheel on our Enclave is manual tilt/telescope and it does go low enough and telescope out far enough for me.  It's a much better driving position for me.  I love the power tilt/telescope and the memory setting, but just might trade all that for better positioning.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.