• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H&R Springs,Motorcraft,Strut,Shocks Install!!

Started by ZSHO, September 07, 2017, 09:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I think my view has changed somewhat as you will need to be patient until the suspension settles/breaks in similar to having new brakes installed.
The bouncy feeling has subsided a bit with roughly 300 miles of driving.

I think it matters if your having just the Springs installed or the whole kit and caboodle which in my case was new Struts,shocks,springs which could of an impact on the ride quality which could influence your review. Z

FYI would make certain to install new strut mounts for a peace of mind.

@-WickedSHO How many miles on your SHO?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

WickedSHO

2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

ZSHO

Quote from: WickedSHO on September 26, 2017, 12:39:58 PM
Just hit 22K.
@ 22k would consider having the rear shocks changed as they are prone to leaking but a personal preference IMO.
IMHO would not bother installing new Struts,especially @22K only the Strut mounts as mentioned ^^^

The front Struts/Springs are a pain to do and are time consuming and labor extensive to say the least.

The rear shocks are quite simple and probably the easiest part of the whole process and would make certain to get new Specialty cam bolts  for the rear part number 81280 IIRC.
Best of luck and any questions feel free to ask. Z  :)

Btw would certainly accommodate bpd1151 offer!! a generous one @ that. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

WickedSHO

Thank's ZSHO for the info. I will surely consider getting new shocks for the rear.

bpd, when I am ready for install, I will reach out to you and hopefully we can exchange info on your mechanic friend.

Thanks again fellas!
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

ZSHO

Here a couple more pics. Z
                                                   Before

After

bpd1151

Z, I am betting an actual side on shot would be MOST appreciated by everyone.

This way the viewer can see right on/directly how well it sits. Sits from front to back, and how much room is in your wells, etc.

Just a suggestion.

For example, and I am really digging way, way, wwwaaaayyyyyy back in the photo vault for these images..... but these were captured back in the Summer of 2010, shortly after I had the H&R's installed.

The silver taurus on the left is stock height. Mine on the right is lowered on H&R's.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

True indeed there bpd1151! Pic's are based from my phone and currently don't have a Sponsor to add the finishing touches nor am I seeking one.

I did add a sample before and after but until then live long and prosper my friend. Z
   https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8310.15.html

SHOdded

I remember those pics, was a nice photoshoot, Mike!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on September 26, 2017, 11:19:22 PM
I remember those pics, was a nice photoshoot, Mike!
You young Jedi, have a very good memory!

Oh yes indeed.

irondoor19

For Side by Side Reference:

The 2011 Lowered With H&R's Stock Shocks and the Pirelli's Handles Like it is on Rails,
Side of the tires Show how much I like to Corner, The Stock 2010 Rides, corners & handles OK,

I travel to Chi Town 4-6 Times A Year, Which one would i like to drive: The 2011 of course
even with the pot holes, bad roads and worse drivers....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Macgyver

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 26, 2017, 08:43:12 PM
Z, I am betting an actual side on shot would be MOST appreciated by everyone.

This way the viewer can see right on/directly how well it sits. Sits from front to back, and how much room is in your wells, etc.

Just a suggestion.

For example, and I am really digging way, way, wwwaaaayyyyyy back in the photo vault for these images..... but these were captured back in the Summer of 2010, shortly after I had the H&R's installed.

The silver taurus on the left is stock height. Mine on the right is lowered on H&R's.

Thanks bpd1151   .......

Yes Please. Even the other pics posted are white and the contrast is hard to make out the gap. You cannot tell what changed and by how much.

ZSHO

The part numbers provided on page one are indeed correct for those who had there doubts such as hawkeye93 and needed closure for a peace of mind.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8310.0.html

I must admit the part numbers for the Front Struts can be very confusing between the PP-SHO & NON-PP due to (supersession) .

Here are some pics of the 13+ PP-SHO Struts for comparison. Z

Manufacturer:   Ford
Part Number:   DG1Z-18124-U
Part:   Strut
Replaces:   AST-12256-, DG1Z-18124-L

Notes
Important part details   Parts Diagram   Year   Make   Model   Trim   Engine
SHO;Performance Pack...   

2015   Ford   Taurus   SHO Sedan 4-Door   3.5L 3496CC 213Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
Base

2014   Ford   Police Interceptor Sedan   Base Sedan 4-Door   3.5L 3496CC 213Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated
Base

2014   Ford   Police Interceptor Sedan   Base Sedan 4-Door   3.5L 3496CC 213Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
Base

2014   Ford   Police Interceptor Sedan   Base Sedan 4-Door   3.7L 3726CC 227Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated
Base;; Qty needed pe...       2014   Ford   Special Service Police Sedan   Base Sedan 4-Door   2.0L 1999CC 122Cu. In. l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
SHO;Performance Pack...   

2014   Ford   Taurus   SHO Sedan 4-Door   3.5L 3496CC 213Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
Base

2013   Ford   Police Interceptor Sedan   Base Sedan 4-Door   3.5L 3496CC 213Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated
Base

2013   Ford   Police Interceptor Sedan   Base Sedan 4-Door   3.5L 3496CC 213Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
Base

2013   Ford   Police Interceptor Sedan   Base Sedan 4-Door   3.7L 3726CC 227Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated
SHO;Performance Pack...   

2013   Ford   Taurus   SHO Sedan 4-Door   3.5L 3496CC 213Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Turbocharged.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-strut-dg1z18124u/?c=Zz1mcm9udC1zdXNwZW5zaW9uJnM9c3RydXRzLWFuZC1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9Sk4xMDM1NjUmcj0xJmE9Zm9yZCZvPXRhdXJ1cyZ5PTIwMTMmdD1zaG8mZT0zLTVsLXY2LWdhcw%3D%3D

gtmorgan23

So other than the H&R springs:
http://www.unleashedtuning.com/h-r-ford-2010-15-taurus-sho-v6-awd-turbo-sport-spring/

What is a good link to the longer bolts for the rear i have seen mentioned in a few places?
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

ZSHO

lamrith

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.