• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

1/4 Datalog boost loss check log

Started by Chris_Flex, August 27, 2017, 12:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Flex

at 90mph my car loss boost at WOT BPV went off and picked right back up i still ran a 13.0 just have never had that happen if anyone has a chance to take a look at the log and see what they think
2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

Gray Brick

Occasionally I have the same issue.

I am interested in the issue.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

SHOdded

Interesting the datalog goes from 83 mph to 90 mph in a single shot.  row 803/804
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Chris_Flex

Quote from: SHOdded on August 27, 2017, 01:21:40 PM
Interesting the datalog goes from 83 mph to 90 mph in a single shot.  row 803/804
I stayed on the throttle the whole time it picked right back up after the loss

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

AJP turbo

How do you know the CBV(blow off valve) went off? You don't have that logged.

But your wastegates did open on the 2-3 shift which will also cause the boost to drop quickly. When the ECU wants the wastegates to open the wastegate duty drops.

You need to log torque source to see what type of tq reduction if any is being commanded.

You have something a bit strange going on where the boost is being told to be dropped during shifts but it doesn't appear to be a type of torque reduction because your spark is not dropping during the shift.

Lowering commanded boost is not necessarily the same as torque reductions

Nothing appears to be wrong mechanically....But something in the tune is telling the boost to drop, then the wastegate duty is dropping to try and make the actual boost match desired boost.

You always need to look at desired TIP before you start to think there is a problem....In this case it looks like the boost is being told to drop dramatically on the 2-3 shift...Only your tuner knows why....Or at least you hope he knows why.

And there was a data disruption and that's why the speed skips from 83 to 90....It happens.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Yeah, I saw the timeline waver at that point, thought it might be the issue with the speed "bump".  This X4 seems to be behaving nicely though, nice even slices of time, compared to a lot of others I have seen in the past.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Chris_Flex

Quote from: AJP turbo on August 27, 2017, 11:03:48 PM

But your wastegates did open on the 2-3 shift which will also cause the boost to drop quickly. When the ECU wants the wastegates to open the wastegate duty drops.

You need to log torque source to see what type of tq reduction if any is being commanded.

You have something a bit strange going on where the boost is being told to be dropped during shifts but it doesn't appear to be a type of torque reduction because your spark is not dropping during the shift.

Nothing appears to be wrong mechanically....But something in the tune is telling the boost to drop, then the wastegate duty is dropping to try and make the actual boost match desired boost.

You always need to look at desired TIP before you start to think there is a problem....In this case it looks like the boost is being told to drop dramatically on the 2-3 shift...Only your tuner knows why....Or at least you hope he knows why.

And there was a data disruption and that's why the speed skips from 83 to 90....It happens.
I only know it went off because the I heard the BPV's (I have then VTA)

Maybe I should make another config file to datalog when I'm at the track I'm only using the config file that Torrie gave me to datalog

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

AJP turbo

Quote from: ChrisxEco on August 28, 2017, 04:35:58 AM
Quote from: AJP turbo on August 27, 2017, 11:03:48 PM

I only know it went off because the I heard the BPV's (I have then VTA)

Maybe I should make another config file to datalog when I'm at the track I'm only using the config file that Torrie gave me to datalog

Your throttle shut...when the throttle closes thats when blow off valves open so that makes sense..so id say they were acting as they should..you need to find out why desired tip was low
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Fuel pressure looks good... trims look OK... nothing really screams there is an issue.. a small amount of KR at the shift which is normal... It almost looks like a torque source event (maybe the car thought it was loosing traction?) but you didn't log source torque... so dunno...  The car actually does the same thing on the shift into third but much less pronounced...

Chris_Flex

Ok thanks guys the 3 runs after that it was fine so I'm not too worried but next time I'll have to datalog some more pids

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
H&R lowering springs
Sctx4 4bar map(Torrie tune)

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune