• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

cruise control switch not working all of the time

Started by 88rxna, August 25, 2017, 03:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

88rxna

anyone ever replace the cruise control switch? i have a 2013 with the GAP control and was wondering how hard is it to change out? the on and off switch doesn't always work and neither does the gap. sometimes it does.
just curious how hard is it to take off the cover on the steering wheel to switch out the controls for the cruise?

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

88rxna

No, I haven't really done anything yet I didnt try to remove the bezel because I wasn't sure how it came off. Yes, it's adaptive cruise  non pp.
I found a switch on simplicity for $20.00

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

88rxna

I see the screws up top but I think the paddles are in the way?
Any idea how it comes apart?

ZSHO

Quote from: 88rxna on August 25, 2017, 05:14:56 PM
I see the screws up top but I think the paddles are in the way?
Any idea how it comes apart?

IDK if the bezel comes off!!  I'm not quite sure if the airbag needs to be removed!!
I can check the FSM on Monday.
I would start off by cleaning the switches with some electronic cleaner as mentioned above,or check any fuses related to the cruise control.....sometimes moisture,corrosion build up can cause intermittent issues inside the(BJB) . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

88rxna

thats would be fantastic!
id really appreciate it. ive looked for videos or anything on the net with no luck on how to do it yet.

thanks!