• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Datalog Questions

Started by Agentlongwood, August 25, 2017, 12:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

Last night I tried datalogging with a laptop for the first time.  Used SCT Livelink.  I think I have it set up correctly, but it will only let me record one datalog before freezing up.  I hit "Start recording", do a pull and hit "stop recording."  I saved the file.  When I hit "start recording" a second time it gives me an error that it cannot connect to the device.  It consistently does this, where it does 1 datalog just fine and then locks up until I restart everything.

On an unrelated note, I wanted to include the log I created to both, make sure I'm recording it correctly, and to make sure everything looks like it's running correctly on my car.  I don't understand things like how to interpret the knock sensor data, and the spark advance/timing data.

Thanks for the help yall.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

irondoor19

I only know enough to be dangerous, USE the SCT alone
and you can data log with that, then bring it to the computer,
(in the house) .. we have used the computer in the Car as well,
and it can "and will" freeze up..
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Agentlongwood

Well at least I'm not the only one, lol.  I guess I need to learn how to set the X4 to log the PIDs I specify in Livelink, even when it's not plugged into the computer. 

When doing a data log using just the X4, does it provide a lower "resolution" data log?

The other reason I wanted to do it on the laptop, is so I can bring the laptop to the strip and get multiple logs.  Using just the X4 you can save 1 log at a time correct?
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes