• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Catted downpipes and Corsa catback

Started by Joeyfuzz911, August 20, 2017, 11:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Any downpipes other than PPE will also trigger the CEL with the stock tune.  Just a consideration if you are still under warranty and need to flash the car to  stock for dealer trips.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Joeyfuzz911

Quote from: sholxgt on August 22, 2017, 06:08:19 PM
Any downpipes other than PPE will also trigger the CEL with the stock tune.  Just a consideration if you are still under warranty and need to flash the car to  stock for dealer trips.

I'm running AJPs 3 bar tune.
2014 SHO nonpp, MDesign intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa catback, H&R springs, 170 tstat, 3 bar map sensor, matte black vinyl wrapped chrome trimming, smoke tinted tail lights, 20x9 +35 offset aftermarket wheels on 275/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact Sports, Powerstop z23 brakes and drilled/slotted rotors, 35% tint, MSD coils, NGK 6510 gapped at 0.26 and AJPturbo 3 bar 93 tune.

12.82 @ 106.6mph w/ 1.82 60"

ZSHO

FWIW most Tuners disable the rear 02 sensors with the exception of Torrie from (unleashed)IIRC to eliminate a Cel which is just a band-aid masking the issue.

If your State requires emissions testing as mentioned earlier be prepared to swap your DP if other than PPE DP are used based from my very own experience. Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

gtmorgan23

My county in Texas does not do emissions testing so I guess the catted LMS would work for me. I have an unleashed tune so I wonder if I would get a CEL or if he can remove it via a tune update.

After listening to the last two vids. Catted DPs and Corsa Catback I believe are the plan for me.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

sholxgt

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on September 19, 2017, 09:53:58 AM
My county in Texas does not do emissions testing so I guess the catted LMS would work for me. I have an unleashed tune so I wonder if I would get a CEL or if he can remove it via a tune update.

After listening to the last two vids. Catted DPs and Corsa Catback I believe are the plan for me.

Any catted or non-catted will work if you don't have emission testing and are no longer in warranty.

If you have testing or are still under warranty and don't want to have to change DP's for testing/dealer visits, then PPE catted or stock are the only options as they can be used with stock programming and not trigger the CEL.
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

jims2015

Quote from: sholxgt on September 19, 2017, 10:37:33 AM
Quote from: gtmorgan23 on September 19, 2017, 09:53:58 AM

Any catted or non-catted will work if you don't have emission testing and are no longer in warranty.

If you have testing or are still under warranty and don't want to have to change DP's for testing/dealer visits, then PPE catted or stock are the only options as they can be used with stock programming and not trigger the CEL.

The CEL isn't triggered immediately. With LMS catted on mine I can go back to the stock tune and drive to the dealer over 10 miles away without a trigger. On the way back home however the CEL will finally come one. On my 2015 it usually takes 15 miles of driving for the CEL to come on with a stock tune.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

sholxgt

Sounds like that's an option.  Just have to hope the car doesn't have a problem that requires them to take a test drive.

Most dealership mechanics won't look past a CEL to go on with other repairs until that is cleared first.

Personally, I'd just go catless if it's going to trigger a CEL, but that's probably not very environmentally friendly of me.

EcoPowerParts

FYI PPE catted downpipes are not EPA legal, they are considered off road pipes, just like PPE. That being said they do pass all factory readiness checks.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ZSHO

I believe Torrie from unleashed no longer eliminates or disables the rear 02 sensors IIRC.... so unfortunately expect a cel or two. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

gtmorgan23

Someone locally is selling a set of used catted LMS DPs. That is why i was considering them over the PPE catted ones simply because they would be way cheaper.

After reading the comment about Torrie, I definitely don't want to have a CEL popped on my ride at all times.

Guess maybe Ill just buy the used Corsa from the guy and save up for new catted PPEs.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

14SHOCAR

I'm late to the party, but any modification to the stock downpipes will make your exhaust louder. I had horrible luck with Corsa + non-catted downpipes. It was much more tame when I had the stock downpipes. I can't speak to the HP gains from the high flow catted -- but if I were to do it all over again, I would have kept the stock exhaust and done the catless downpipes. That's AJP's setup and it was much more tame from the rasp.

Three part rasp from hell series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyUZPMmCDxw
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust