• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First time looking at a data log.

Started by Agentlongwood, August 09, 2017, 08:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

I picked up ShoBoat's SCT X4 and decided to play around with it.  I want to learn about reading the data... but it's a bit overwhelming, lol.  I've never looked at a data source this detailed on a car, so I just want to ask if this looks normal for a bone stock MKS.  I don't remember the exact speeds, but I want to say the run was from 40ish to 70ish or something like that.  Anything weird with temps, boost, advance, etc?  Or is this pretty much what the data should look like from the factory?
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

StealBlueSho

Do a 0 to however fast you can go while datalogging and repost.... I am sure it's normal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agentlongwood

Alrighty, tried a zero to about 80.  No brake boost.  Being that I'm not well versed in reading this stuff, is that air fuel mix right?  I don't know if it leans way out or if I just don't know how to read it.  I don't understand why there are so many "Measured AFR" parameters. 

Agentlongwood

I think I had it backwards.  I meant to question if it ran super rich, not lean.  10.9:1 is really rich right?

StealBlueSho

Normal for stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Log looks normal to me... but you need to add  "Fuel Rear Pressure" and a few other items. Look at this log from mine, these are the PIDS you need to be monitoring IMHO... if you are getting tuned asked the tuner for file to log with.

Agentlongwood

Whoa, that is really cool... The amount of information available is crazy.  If I'm reading it right you were running like 26 or more pounds of boost in this log?  Where as, stock, I think I was running around 12 pounds or less of boost.  Holy crap, that is eye opening, lol.  Do people use kpa instead of psi for these logs just to get a more precise value when measuring boost? 

I'm good with math and data, so I think I'm really going to like this stuff. 

TopherSho

Quote from: Agentlongwood on August 10, 2017, 10:47:44 AM
Whoa, that is really cool... The amount of information available is crazy.  If I'm reading it right you were running like 26 or more pounds of boost in this log?  Where as, stock, I think I was running around 12 pounds or less of boost.  Holy crap, that is eye opening, lol.  Do people use kpa instead of psi for these logs just to get a more precise value when measuring boost? 

Typically I read it in PSI via (KPA-100)*.0.145038 = psi local to you
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

AJP turbo

Quote from: TopherSho on August 10, 2017, 11:33:29 AM

That only works if your barometric pressure is 100kpa which it probably isn't exactly so it will make your results off....Your barometric pressure in KPA could be anywhere from 80-105 kpa at extremes.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

TopherSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on August 10, 2017, 01:13:57 PM
Quote from: TopherSho on August 10, 2017, 11:33:29 AM

That only works if your barometric pressure is 100kpa which it probably isn't exactly so it will make your results off....Your barometric pressure in KPA could be anywhere from 80-105 kpa at extremes.

yeah you need to correct for DA a bit if your up or down in elevation,  that is a fair statement.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction