• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Console door

Started by BlueSHO, August 08, 2017, 11:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSHO

Anyone know if you can just get the center console door(rear of shifter)  and how to replace it?  This is on a SHO and mine is majorly scratched up. Thx

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

BlueSHO

Found it AG1Z-5413562-DC a whooping 275...:-(
2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

I checked Tascaparts.com and used the words "Center Storage Console Door" & it returned with a few different options.

None of them however had any images displayed, or associated with each part listed.

The prices varied from $25 on the low end, to like $130-ish or so on the high end.

It's an easy fix, as you just pop up the small narrow plastic pieces on either outer most edge of the console, which will then expose the (I believe 8mm) sockets holding each compartment down.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: BlueSHO on August 09, 2017, 01:49:59 AM
Found it AG1Z-5413562-DC a whooping 275...:-(
Geezuz. Most of these parts nowadays are sold as whole units and not just the door(s) or individual parts. Sucks.

Could consider having it wrapped in vinyl or maybe purchase one of those custom interior trim kits from CarId.com as an alternative option.

BlueSHO

Yes might do that.. Crazy prices for sure

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

BlueSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 09, 2017, 01:52:29 AM
I checked Tascaparts.com and used the words "Center Storage Console Door" & it returned with a few different options.

None of them however had any images displayed, or associated with each part listed.

The prices varied from $25 on the low end, to like $130-ish or so on the high end.

It's an easy fix, as you just pop up the small narrow plastic pieces on either outer most edge of the console, which will then expose the (I believe 8mm) sockets holding each compartment down.

Good luck.

Yes I emailed them about pricing but think that cup holder door is non removable

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

J-Will

I dont know man, if thats the price I think I'd try wet sanding it and painting/ polishing
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

BlueSHO

Quote from: J-Will on August 09, 2017, 09:10:14 AM
I dont know man, if thats the price I think I'd try wet sanding it and painting/ polishing
Yes I hear ya

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Linemonkey

Novus plastic polish did wonders for mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

ZSHO

I'm actually on my phone and don't have access to pic's at the moment but found Pledge(yellow bottle)to work great in covering up any scuff marks besides leaving a Lustre of a shine behind. Z

To answer your primary question simply PULL-UP on the two side panels(gently)in order to remove the center console and found having the shifter in neutral with parking brake applied makes the process easier followed by plenty of screws.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on August 09, 2017, 05:22:07 PM
I'm actually on my phone and don't have access to pic's at the moment but found Pledge(yellow bottle)to work great in covering up any scuff marks besides leaving a Lustre of a shine behind. Z

To answer your primary question simply PULL-UP on the two side panels(gently)in order to remove the center console and found having the shifter in neutral with parking brake applied makes the process easier followed by plenty of screws.

Do you have any other pics of the removal ?

I have a creaking noise from the center console flexing everyone and then i have wanted to remove the plastic trim around the buttons and display to lube or buffer it with some sort of thin material. 
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

BlueSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on August 09, 2017, 06:33:48 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on August 09, 2017, 05:22:07 PM

Do you have any other pics of the removal ?

I have a creaking noise from the center console flexing everyone and then i have wanted to remove the plastic trim around the buttons and display to lube or buffer it with some sort of thin material.
I went by this for removal
https://youtu.be/8FQ7aH9JCbM

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

TopherSho

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction