• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Live link not communicating w/ vehicle

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, July 30, 2017, 12:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

Trying to connect Live link to the car to validate a new list for data log configuration and the 2 won't talk to each other. No problem connecting the x4 to the car or transferring data logs from the x4 to the PC through live link. Just downloaded the latest version of LL from sct site so i'm on v.2.8.0.6
Unfortunately my original usb cord form SCT broke so i've been using the USB cord from my go pro or other devices to transfer data logs to the computer. I've tried every cord i have available and none will connect.
Is there anything special about the usb cord from sct that allows you to communicate to the vehicle or is there something i'm missing here?
Probably something simple but i've always struggled through the process of creating config files and connecting to the vehicle to validate the pid list.

Any advice is appreciated!
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on July 30, 2017, 12:38:04 PM
Trying to connect Live link to the car to validate a new list for data log configuration and the 2 won't talk to each other. No problem connecting the x4 to the car or transferring data logs from the x4 to the PC through live link. Just downloaded the latest version of LL from sct site so i'm on v.2.8.0.6
Unfortunately my original usb cord form SCT broke so i've been using the USB cord from my go pro or other devices to transfer data logs to the computer. I've tried every cord i have available and none will connect.
Is there anything special about the usb cord from sct that allows you to communicate to the vehicle or is there something i'm missing here?
Probably something simple but i've always struggled through the process of creating config files and connecting to the vehicle to validate the pid list.

Any advice is appreciated!

There should be nothing special besides the fact the USB cord that comes with the SCT has an extra copper wire so that it can transfer data. There are two types of micro USB cables... ones that just charge devices and ones that charge and transfer data.

If the USB cable you are using to connect your laptop to the SCT x4 is allowing you to transfer datalogs and tunes to it, then that is the correct cable to use.

Which options in Livelink are you using to validate a list of pids? There should be a screen in the wizard that validates the connection to the sctx4 device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colorado-SHOBro

yep using the wizard and it keeps giving me "device only"

i've tried it with every ignition sequence and even with the car running.

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

May be LL.  Try uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling.  I dont think SCT does proprietary  stuff with the cable like Apple and Samsung do, but it can be a last resort.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: SHOdded on July 30, 2017, 01:19:55 PM
May be LL.  Try uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling.  I dont think SCT does proprietary  stuff with the cable like Apple and Samsung do, but it can be a last resort.
tried that with no luck. looks like i'll need to call or email sct

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FoMoCoSHO

When i had this issue, it ended up being cables. A nice set of Anker cables from Amazon took care of it.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 30, 2017, 03:46:19 PM
When i had this issue, it ended up being cables. A nice set of Anker cables from Amazon took care of it.
yeah i've been meaning to buy a nice cord dedicated to just the x4 so ill be doing that sooner than later now. i wonder if i can find any locally

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

Might be some options at Best Buy, price of course not that great.  Rather get anker cables via amazon.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!