• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Unleashed / datalogging ??

Started by 68_GT, July 28, 2017, 03:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

OK so my blown engine SHO is up and running with a bran new long block, upgraded turbos, and Unleashed tune. Runs very strong even for his base beginning tune although I haven't got on it too much sine I have maybe 200 miles on the new engine and initial oil still.

So I want to start data logging now to se what the car is doing just not sure where to begin with the X4.

thanks in advance guys. Lots more to come with these EBP upgrade turbo wheels. It feels stronger than ever but sure is quiet !
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

Expygator

Torrie has a config file that he will send you for logging/ monitoring what he needs. Once you are tuned in, you can create your own config for boost, knock, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 non-PP. K&N drop in.

Expygator

Don't ask me how to create one. I'm no good at it.

SHOdded

FoMoCoSHO, StealBlueSHO, and others using SCT devices can also likely give you a usable configuration file.   As to how to use the X4, SBS has a nice writeup in the HOWTO section.
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6554.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

68_GT

the X4 says datalog on it and has a record, or begin datalog or something so I guess it's not that easy as hitting that and driving around....

I'm kinda afraid of the X4 messing up my ECU or something, so not sure if I can just leave it on all the time and turn the car off and on and use it like normal ??? anyone mount the X4 ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

68_GT

Quote from: 68_GT on July 28, 2017, 03:23:10 PM
the X4 says datalog on it and has a record, or begin datalog or something so I guess it's not that easy as hitting that and driving around....

I'm kinda afraid of the X4 messing up my ECU or something, so not sure if I can just leave it on all the time and turn the car off and on and use it like normal ??? anyone mount the X4 ?
cool thanks !

Expygator

However, when you hit record it's a one time deal. So do a wot run from 0-100 ish then stop recording. If you do it again you will record over the data that you just logged. You can however hook it to your laptop and do several and keep them in your laptop. Again don't ask me how.

Expygator

EBP upgrade? Are those factory turbos with billet wheels?

lamrith

Yes you can mount the X4 with the "gauge" display running and it turns on and off automatically with the car and will keep opening with the gauges displayed.  I ran mine that way for a month or two before I "upgraded" to the livewire TS+

Setup that way it can also one touch datalog.  Just be aware the X4 by itself is a slow datalogger so does not give great resolution.  Most tuners want you to have a laptop plugged into it to get full resolution log files when they are tuning your car.

My X4 recorded more than one pass if the passes were quick.  I think it has a cap on how long the log can be?  I know I had multiple pulls on my log, though they were all done in the same drive, no key cycle between them.  That may be what resets the log file?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Expygator

That could be true. I don't know for sure either.

68_GT

Quote from: Expygator on July 28, 2017, 03:32:44 PM

yep

Expygator

Quote from: 68_GT on July 28, 2017, 06:49:25 PM
Quote from: Expygator on July 28, 2017, 03:32:44 PM

yep
Cool. If mine ever die, I hope I'm in a position to do the same.

68_GT

one of mine died by a chunk of piston when my engine blew.

Expygator

Quote from: 68_GT on July 28, 2017, 07:06:37 PM
one of mine died by a chunk of piston when my engine blew.
Ouch! Do I need ask what caused the piston to want out of the motor?

68_GT

Don't know. Started ticking at 70k miles. At 130k miles it turned into more of a rattle. At 133k all hell broke loose.

Always ran Mobile 1 FS oil changed religiously myself. Random BS far as I can tell... wish I hadn't spent $3,300 on timing chain, chain guides and tensioner at 60k miles from chain rattle....