• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump Max Duty Cycle

Started by FiveLeeter918, July 28, 2017, 01:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

Was doing some logging to day working with knock and spark timing on my E20 tune, and decided to step up to E30. Did a pull and car felt like it lost power so I shut it down and looked at the log and it appears to have pegs the fuel pump duty cycle at 50% and just flatlined there.

Is 50% the max of this pump, or is that just another limit switch to overcome for tuning?

Thanks!
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

FoMoCoSHO

Low pressure or high pressure?

FiveLeeter918

assuming low pressure. The curve in the background is my fuel rail pressure. You can see it take a huge dive when this maxes out, but can't see me being maxed on the high pressure pump...
- Lee

SHOdded

Assuming there is a hardware problem, have all recalls been done on your SHO.  Specifically FP and FPCM, if applicable.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FiveLeeter918

Just bought the car in June. Didn't mention anything about recalls and SYNC maintenance reports show I'm up to date.
- Lee

FiveLeeter918

yea just logged in to the Ford Owner site and it says I'm up to date on everything, just notes that the Service Warranty on the SYNC system has been extended.
- Lee

AJP turbo

Yes .50 or 50% is max..sounds like you are fine on that...sometimes .49 is max for the low pressure..its like that on mustangs too

But not sure why you felt the hesitation
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FiveLeeter918

after more research (and a lengthy discussion with FoMoCoSHO, it appears I was commanding too rich in my fuel tables. Had been commanding 0.80 across the board. Switched to his recommendation and the fuel pump is back down to ~0.46 and we're making power again.
- Lee