• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Traded in the SHO

Started by ShoBoat, July 26, 2017, 11:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoBoat

Hey Everyone,
It is with mixed emotions that I have traded in my SHO. She had 130K on the dial and was getting tired. I kept the SHO longer then any other car I have owned in the past and truly enjoyed it. However life goes on, I came across a really good deal on something I had been considering. its a 2012 CTS-V with 39K km on the clock. Pure and unmodded, I am looking forward to seeing what I can come up with to set it apart. Pic is below. I want to thank the community, for the most part everyone on here has been helpful.

We still have the 16 Fusion, and I'll be sure to drop by from time to time.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOdded

Sorry to see the SHO go, but glad it has been a good ride!  Congrats on the V, and c'mon, admit the need for speed LOL!  Def, don't be a stranger, and remember, Mike (EPP) has heavily modded his V, so you still have more than enough reason to hang around besides the Fusion :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

Quote from: SHOdded on July 26, 2017, 11:51:44 PM
Sorry to see the SHO go, but glad it has been a good ride!  Congrats on the V, and c'mon, admit the need for speed LOL!  Def, don't be a stranger, and remember, Mike (EPP) has heavily modded his V, so you still have more than enough reason to hang around besides the Fusion :D

Thanks SHOdded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ZSHO

Best of luck on the New V-Power there ShoBoat and don't be a stranger my friend,enjoy.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Awesome new ride!  A trade I would make any day!

How do you feel about the general quality?  My last experience with GM products wasn't so great.  No mechanical issues.  Just small things that broke or quit working.  Especially anything electrical.

A good friend had a first gen CTS-V and the interior was literally inferior to the Nissan Sentra SE-R I had at the time.  It was just not a nice car.  He also had a fair amount of warranty issues for drivetrain related items despite it being completely stock.  I have heard that the gen 2 cars are much better though and have a much nicer interior.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ShoBoat

Thanks Guys, the interior is decent on par with the SHO. The only option it doesn't have is the Recaros, I'll be looking into getting a set out of a wreck. The infotainment system is antiquated and I will be replacing the head unit with an Alpine. The dual personality of the car is what is amazing. In tour the car is soft and sedated. Throw it in sport and it's a different car. The magnaride is really nice. The surprise of the power is still fresh and produces a smile every time.  But I will update you guys on my progress in the non EB thread.

lamrith

Nice choice Shoboat! 
I had a STSV and I was in market for a ctsv for a month or so before I started looking at SHO's.  They were just too much $$ and out of my range.  Out here a mid/high mileage V2 were still north of $40k used and that is if you could find a older one.  Sho was 1/2 that.  OUr weather out here was a big factor too, so much rain 8mos a year that could not put STSV power to ground, let alone CTSV.  Sho puts power down all year round.

FYI - Join local V groups and find someone with a V that will let you drive theirs for a bit.    The stock V seats are not bad at all by any means.  Lot of people push "recaro, recaro, recaro", but those seats are not comfortable for everyone.  Just check them out before you spend time and $ to install a pair to find out you do not like them.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ShoBoat

Quote from: lamrith on July 27, 2017, 01:53:24 PM
Nice choice Shoboat! 
I had a STSV and I was in market for a ctsv for a month or so before I started looking at SHO's.  They were just too much $$ and out of my range.  Out here a mid/high mileage V2 were still north of $40k used and that is if you could find a older one.  Sho was 1/2 that.  OUr weather out here was a big factor too, so much rain 8mos a year that could not put STSV power to ground, let alone CTSV.  Sho puts power down all year round.

FYI - Join local V groups and find someone with a V that will let you drive theirs for a bit.    The stock V seats are not bad at all by any means.  Lot of people push "recaro, recaro, recaro", but those seats are not comfortable for everyone.  Just check them out before you spend time and $ to install a pair to find out you do not like them.
Appreciate the tip! I am having an issue with the drivers seat, I am thinking the dude that had the V before me was either huge or used a seat cushion or something. Can get it comfortable at all. The passenger seat is fine. I order new foam for the seat back and bottom (got a fiend at a dealer) for cheap. I'll try the replacement first and go from there.   

haunter

13 SHO PP - 170 T-Stat, Sp-534's, 3Bar MAF, Unleashed Tune

ShoBoat

TY! Some new pics, paint detail and engine detail done.

Pearl white takes forever to to a proper paint correction on....

SHOdded

Definitely  worth the attention!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

dubcitySHO

The V is gorgeous Shoboat. Hope you stick around and make a build thread in the non ecoboost build subforum! 

I'll go out on a limb and speak for some others and say, we will enjoy seeing its progress and your direction for it!
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

Vortech347

That car is sexy as hell.  No more lag!!
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

ShoBoat

Thanks Guys, really happy with it so far!

WhitePlatinumSHO

Did you trade in your SHO with the HID conversions installed or did you keep them?
2016 Platinum White SHO
- Unleashed Tune & 3 Bar MAP

2010 Red Candy SHO - Gone but not forgotten
1997 Cobra Coupe - 659rwhp / 609rwtq