• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Final/Updated thoughts on the Rx Can setup?

Started by Maverick3009, July 26, 2017, 12:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick3009

So I've read through all (or at least most) of the conversations about the Rx can setup that've been posted over the past few years.  What I'm wondering is did anyone come up with a final verdict as to whether or not it's a absolutely "necessary" upgrade?  I'd like some feedback, especially pertaining to a 13+ SHO install, before I go out and spend that much on a OCC setup that may not be necessary.  After readying through various threads about installs on the Flex, Xsport, and F150s, I'm still a little in the dark on mounting locations and where to route the lines as it pertains to a SHO.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated! And I apologize if this has been covered for the SHO's somewhere else that I couldn't find.

Agentlongwood

There are some pictures of where to mount on the shop page for the can itself. 

https://www.rxspeedworks.com/product/09-15-taurus-3-5-sho-ecoboost-dual-valve-catch-can-css-plug-and-play/

As to whether or not it's needed... I just checked my intercooler today and had a little bit of gunk in the bottom of it.  The cans do catch some of that stuff, which can be seen by lots of users posting pics of what drains out of their cans.  They unarguably do what they advertise, and being direct injected, there is a benefit to using one.  I guess it comes down to what you feel is "necessary."  I'm sure there are plenty of cars that have made it to 200k miles without one.  In the long run, the motor might perform better for longer with one.

To me the real question is whether a setup that elaborate is needed.  I feel like there has to be a cheaper, more elegant solution to the problem.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes