• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Air leak in suction side of turbos

Started by boostedflex, July 18, 2017, 03:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boostedflex

Hey all, I think I have an air leak on the non pressure side of my turbos.  I have noticed recently slightly more boost noise, and much more blow off valve noise, but no loss of performance. I checked the hoses coming off the blow off valves and they are fine, and every hose I could see, all are fine, but I have not yet checked where the pipes go into the turbos.  Anyone have any tips as to the easiest way to inspect them?  I am gonna put it on ramps this weekend and see if I can look from the under side.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs

ZSHO

Here are some pics of the rear turbo & Front turbo piping high-lighted in red. Z
Did you check for any codes set?
I would make certain every hose clamp is properly secured and would also visually inspect the front turbo piping,CAC,intercooler for any split hoses.
I would also check the BOV for any signs of oil.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

Mine were loose and also causing some pcv oil leakage that looked to be coming from the feed/return but was just from the pipe circled in blue being loose. Make sure the car is cold because you will be getting very up-close and personal with the underside of your car lol.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

boostedflex

2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs