• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque Pro Sync

Started by DJE624, August 03, 2013, 09:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I am trying to encode a video I took with Torque Pro Track Recorder plug in to my laptop.  Then I can upload it to Utube and post it.  I have the correct version of Java and Xuggle installed.  I re-booted per instructions before loading the Torque sync agent.  I was able to sync from the phone to the sync agent via Bluetooth. I think.  A file with the right date came up on the encode window but did not have a thumbnail.  I started the encode process but it seems to have stuck.  It just shows a status of "Starting encode......"  It is a fairly big file, 28,000+.  I wondered if like some Java scans, that the status bar just doesn't show anything until it is almost done.  I didn't have the patience to wait for more than a few minutes.  I wonder if I should make a shorter video and try that.   

geswek

I've not used this app; but something tells me it "should" just overlay that on video file in your DCIM folder on your phone (don't know what phone you have?)

If it's Android, did you connect to PC and look in your camera folder to see if there is an MP4/AVI or something video?

DJE624

No video file in android phone gallery.  According to torque, you have to use their sync program to sync track video on to PC.  Then you encode the file to PC using Java and Xuggle.  I've never done any of this before so right now it's just hit or miss.  Mostly miss.  I'll be traveling home in a bit.  Then I will try again and maybe make a shorter video.  4DR's vids were fairly short.  Less than a minute.  This one I was trying to do is probably closer to five minutes.