• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MKS With AJP Tune

Started by sholxgt, July 26, 2017, 12:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on July 26, 2017, 07:19:39 PM
True enough :)  Need to find out how svt54 got photobucket to post his images ...

On my Photobucket account, I see that I can pay $39.99/month and have third party hosting.  That's a ridiculous price in my opinion. 
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Agentlongwood

Oh sweet jeebus that makes me happy.  I have a 2014 MKS with all the options too.  Seeing that getting into the 12s is fairly easy makes my day.  I'm working on my car a little at a time as I squirrel away money.  When it comes time for tuning, I'm probably going to be going a very similar route to your setup.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

sholxgt

Quote from: Agentlongwood on July 26, 2017, 08:01:21 PM
Oh sweet jeebus that makes me happy.  I have a 2014 MKS with all the options too.  Seeing that getting into the 12s is fairly easy makes my day.  I'm working on my car a little at a time as I squirrel away money.  When it comes time for tuning, I'm probably going to be going a very similar route to your setup.

The difference tuned and un-tuned is mind blowing.  It literally drops a full second plus from the quarter mile and that's with an unfinished tune.  My car still feels like it has more in it.  Don't get me wrong, it launches hard and pulls good, but it doesn't feel like it's even working hard.

I've owned cars with stressed drivetrains and this isn't one of them.  Running it is like merging on to the highway.

I think I saw that you already changed all fluids.  I'd say you're good to go on a tune once you put new factory plugs in it and gap them to .030.  Anything else can be left for later or just left alone.  12's are just a tune away.  11's...that's another story that likely includes meth, a race tune, and a more stressed drivetrain.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Agentlongwood

Good to know, and I appreciate the feedback.  This is the first car I've owned that wasn't a beater, lol.  So I'm probably going overboard on keeping things safe.  Definitely want to do plugs and thermostat (it was like 94 degrees out today in Orlando).  On the fence about an oil catch can, and the wastegate boost spike regulation contraption that AJP created. Basically all the stuff to improve safety/reliability before adding power.  I want it to be faster no doubt.  Also want it to last a real long time.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes