• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MKS With AJP Tune

Started by sholxgt, July 26, 2017, 12:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

I have been hesitant to post this because I abandoned tuning my vehicle due to driveability issues.  In short, any SCT based tune (haven't tried others so it could be any tune) causes my vehicle to have a significant stutter at lower rpm's when under load.  I should also note that the tunes were fine on flat S FL roads.  However, I live in the mountains which means my car is under load 50% of the time.

That being said, while visiting my parents in South FL, I decided to visit the track near them and see how it ran with AJP's unfinished tune.  This tune was only at revision number 2 I believe.  It had been a long time since I ran at the track and I had never really tried launching the MKS, so it took me a few tries to get it right.

Mods - AJP 3 bar tune, EPP catted downpipes, K&N drop in filter
Conditions - 93 Shell V-Power fuel, approx. 80 degrees, near sea level in S FL, heavy MKS with all options (chrome 20's, panoramic roof, etc, and cheap, but new Uniroyal tires

Run #1 - Launched at 1900 rpm, slight bog

Run #2 - Launched at 2400 rpm and spun which kicked in stability control

Run #3 - Launched at 2200 rpm.  No spinning and decently in boost.  Sadly the tracks printer was having issues.  60' was 1.885, but it's too hard to read for it to show on scan.

Overall, I'm really impressed with AJP's tune.  I'm certain that, in a lighter SHO with a finished tune, 12.50's are completely possible.  That's with really nothing more than a tune.  I doubt the catted downpipes or K&N filter are making much of a difference.  It's mostly all in the tune.

Sadly, I didn't even think to datalog the runs.  It felt like it was retarding timing or reducing boost at the top end.  Just wasn't pulling hard up top and the 106 mph trap speed kind of shows that. Granted, it's also a heavy, not overly aerodynamic car, running on straight pump gas with an unfinished tune.

Thanks AJP!  Sorry that I abandoned the tuning.  My hope is still that something breaks and the dealer will solve the stutter so I can get back to modding this car.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

sholxgt

Well, it looks like a I need a new photo host.  Suggestions?  I never liked Photobucket, so I'm definitely not giving them any money.
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

I think if you link the album that will still work.  Anyway, imgur still works AFAIK, flickr seems to be going the way of photobucket from what I hear.  Dropbox or Google Drive may end up being more viable options.

And my current plan:  attach files to the post, save the post, copy the link to the files and insert as images at the appropriate points in the post.  More work, I know ...

Good to hear of success tho, finally!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

I think I can use my dropbox account.  Can you see the first time slip now?  It's huge on my screen, but at least it displays.

SHOdded

I cannot see it ... did you enable public access?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7undkfl180vllw/EcobrickBob%20Dyno1%2020120327_1_zps6x82mbgo.jpg?dl=0

I uploaded the file to dropbox, clicked on the SHARE button for that file, created a link, and copied it into this post.  Z's offer is better than this LOL, but thought I would offer up this tidbit anyway.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on July 26, 2017, 12:55:59 PM

Looks like dropbox has also done away with public access.  I will have to research other options.

lamrith

Imgur is the best option I have found currently.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

X2 -I have been using IMGUR for quite sometime now and it has been working flawless without any quirks whatsoever.

FYI- if anyone needs assistance posting pics feel free to PM me a link and will try my best to have it up and running in no time. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Thanks for the advice!

Testing IMGUR now.  Is the first time slip showing?

Edit:  I think it work!  Thanks again!

ZSHO

. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on July 26, 2017, 12:55:59 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7undkfl180vllw/EcobrickBob%20Dyno1%2020120327_1_zps6x82mbgo.jpg?dl=0

I uploaded the file to dropbox, clicked on the SHARE button for that file, created a link, and copied it into this post.  Z's offer is better than this LOL, but thought I would offer up this tidbit anyway.

Something went awry as that is not my dyno nor an image I have in my dropbox.

sholxgt

The priceless part was having one of the most popular car in the staging lanes.  I was in Palm Beach, FL surrounded by Hellcats, Porsches, etc, but my car was drawing a crowd.  No one knew there was a modern Lincoln capable of running these times.

When I said it's an SHO in a different wrapper, they said they haven't seen a SHO there running these times either.  Might be time for some South FL SHO's to represent.

SHOdded

Quote from: sholxgt on July 26, 2017, 04:02:41 PM
It's from my dropbox, I uploaded it as a test/example :)  Anyways, point moot!  glad imgur worked out.

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on July 26, 2017, 05:25:11 PM
Quote from: sholxgt on July 26, 2017, 04:02:41 PM
It's from my dropbox, I uploaded it as a test/example :)  Anyways, point moot!  glad imgur worked out.

Ahh...cool.  I will keep that method in mind in case IMGUR goes away.  Good to have options!

SHOdded

True enough :)  Need to find out how svt54 got photobucket to post his images ...