• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New here from Eagle, Colorado

Started by Hotrod Lincoln, July 15, 2017, 11:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotrod Lincoln

Hello all! New here just wanted to say hello. Just bought a 2011 MKS. It's crazy fun. I can only imagine what it will feel like after the Livernois fun....
2011 MKS 81K Miles

sholxgt

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Welcome to EBPF and the community, Hotrod, congrats on the gorgeous new ride!  Have you owned Fords/forced induction vehicles before?  Looking forward to what you do with your MKS and how they work out 4 you :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Hotrod Lincoln

Quote from: SHOdded on July 16, 2017, 06:10:29 AM
Welcome to EBPF and the community, Hotrod, congrats on the gorgeous new ride!  Have you owned Fords/forced induction vehicles before?  Looking forward to what you do with your MKS and how they work out 4 you :D

Sho,

I come from small and big block fairlanes and a few Fox body cars and a corvette sprinkled in. The only other boosted car I've owned was a new 07 WRX that didn't feel anywhere near as powerful as this Lincoln. I totaled it with 500 miles on it with a deer strike, so not a whole lot of time with it.

So to answer your question, I have been trying to squeeze power from the natural atmosphere for too long. Lol. Also living here at 7000ft it's sure nice to actually have something with some power again.  I have a Jeep Rubicon that used to run pretty good until it's tire size ballooned.
2011 MKS 81K Miles