• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

To all slammed sho,flex, etc on coilovers...

Started by KoolerD471, July 15, 2017, 06:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoolerD471

All the sudden after fixing my alignment and putting new tires on my eco flex I have vibration under WOT accel, bad in 3rd gear.
Anyone give me some ideas what to look for or into?
I just replaced the pass side axle and got the alignment into specs.
And started afterwards.
His: 2011 Flex Limited Ecoboost: Cai, Catless DP's, 170', Sp534's, 3Bar, Coilovers, HD Brakes, Roush RR01 wheels wrapped in 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy500's, AJPTurbo Tuned 😈
Hers: 2016 Mustang GT 6Sp : Sct tuned, H&R SS, Exhaust

StealBlueSho

Wheel balance issue... most likely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KoolerD471

Wheels were RFB and all were under 10 a wheel.
His: 2011 Flex Limited Ecoboost: Cai, Catless DP's, 170', Sp534's, 3Bar, Coilovers, HD Brakes, Roush RR01 wheels wrapped in 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy500's, AJPTurbo Tuned 😈

SHOdded

Oem axle?  Why did it need replacing?  Also what tires, may be bad right off the bat or maybe installed backwards if directional.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

KoolerD471

Yes oem, busted inner boot, lost grease.
Firestone Firehawk indy 500's and they are smooth as glass.
The vibration I'm used to from cv axles launching but this 3rd gear vibration is throwing me off.

ZSHO

Do you happen to know what type of lift was used for intall/repair? Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHO9987

I know on my 2010 SHO when I had the wheels off for powder coating the TPMS sensors gave me a heck of a time.  They were the banded TPMS sensors, did you reuse those for the new wheels?  I would get everything balanced, and then after a few days the vibration would return.  What was happening was the TPMS sensors were not tight enough with the band, so they would slide and throw off the wheel balance.  Issue was fixed once I replaced them with the valve-stem TPMS sensors.  I did have the H&R lowering springs on that car as well. 
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune

KoolerD471

I didn't use a lift to replace the cv axle.
My tpms are stem mounted. As stated at any speed the car is smooth as glass, the only time vibration comes into play is under acceleration and is the worst in 3rd gear. I'm almost thinking I may have a torque mounted busted or worn.

Edit: after think about when I replaced the axle I now remember I couldn't get my hands on a OEM as I didn't have the extra cash to change it over to the updated design with the new intermediate shaft.
So that is probably my culprit as I've now read the horror stories of parts house axles with these cars (sho, flex,mks, mkt, etc...)

SHOdded

I hope you can get a refund on the axle ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!