• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 with 89,000 miles oil analysis

Started by Wardog692, June 22, 2017, 05:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardog692

High in iron and sodium, other than that everything looks normal. Anybody see something I don't? What could the sodium mean?
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

bpd1151

Your SHO needs to go on a salt free diet?? LOL

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

The oil is definitely at end of life.  What oil are you using, BTW?  Ecoboost-ed engines do wear more iron than their naturally aspirated cousins, but still a bit on the high side here.  Normal driving, or a lot of hard miles on this oil?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Wardog692

Quote from: SHOdded on June 22, 2017, 06:13:33 PM
The oil is definitely at end of life.  What oil are you using, BTW?  Ecoboost-ed engines do wear more iron than their naturally aspirated cousins, but still a bit on the high side here.  Normal driving, or a lot of hard miles on this oil?
Normal driving, and idk exactly what kind of oil, just generic full synthetic from my local shop. I bring them the filters (Motorcraft), should I be more picky with the oil as well?
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

SHOdded

Well, you should know exactly whats going into the engine.  Maybe its good oil maybe its not.  When in doubt, at a minimum Motorcraft oil of correct viscosity  should be used.

pmezo33

Quote from: Wardog692 on June 22, 2017, 06:19:58 PM
Normal driving, and idk exactly what kind of oil, just generic full synthetic from my local shop. I bring them the filters (Motorcraft), should I be more picky with the oil as well?

I would be.  Here's my 2010 MKS with about 40k more miles than yours if you want to compare.  I only use mobil 1 and motorcraft filter.  I change it every 5k miles.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7584.msg114946.html#msg114946