• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Save The Pennies!

Started by geswek, August 01, 2013, 05:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

So, every one likes saving a goo buck here and there.

At what point do you say "HELL NO" and buy your stuff online?

I'm finding myself at a cross road -- buy the parts online and save couple hundred; or let the speed shop supply it and thus "warranty it". However, they're warranty is nothing more than mine--calling the manufacturer and saying "WTF?"

Gah; I'm talking a couple hundred here--I know they're marking up to make a profit but unfortunately I rather just buy it online and pay them for the labor.

jomc111

I would just buy online,  there still making money off you for install so you dont have to feel bad for not supporting local business and you have a little more $ for the next random thing you want to buy
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

geswek

Yeah, I'm in that boat.

I want to support them, but at same time, I don't want to pay outrageous prices either.

EcoPowerParts

I always supply parts and have the shop do labor, I'm cheap that way. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

mjhpadi

Deal with this all the time with scuba gear...be straight with them and discuss it with the shop.  Tell them straight up what you can get it for on-line...let them decide whether they want to compete or pass on it.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

With my springs, for example, I got a good deal online and a great install and alignment price thanks to Mike and his buddies.